Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Flap won't open

leggarna

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SS
I have a 09 VE GTS the fuel Door release won't open anymore. Any ideas how to get it open
without damaging the paint. Any ideas how to fix. Is there a release switch inside the car somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it has a release that is locked when doors are locked and unlocks when doors unlocked, if u cant hear it click like the door lock sound then check all the fuses encase one is blown and also relays just encase, the locking mechanism can be swapped or u can get to it in the boot

leggarna

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SS
it has a release that is locked when doors are locked and unlocks when doors unlocked, if u cant hear it click like the door lock sound then check all the fuses encase one is blown and also relays just encase, the locking mechanism can be swapped or u can get to it in the boot
Thanks for that, feel like a real idiot now as I didn't have the car unlocked. Do you know if this has been carried on from earlier models. Just wondering as you see an awful lot of commodores with missing fuel doors.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
its a different setup to earlier much better imo and the actuator locks it which is good, i have replaced my actuator for it which was making noises and it looks like there was a revised actuator since new much better if u have any issues with the original

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Fuel flaps are usually ripped off when 'low-life cretins' try to access petrol tank to steal fuel.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
This info was so useful,I just went to do something on my Caprice and forgot to unlock it,went and pressed fuel lid wouldn’t open ,started pulling my hair out and gave up and checked in here and there was my answer,thank you so much ,saved me a lot of time etc etc
Cheers

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I had the same problem when the dog locked the car from the inside when I got out to fill my Ute. Wasn't a problem
as I had the key with me. I didn't realise that it was because the Ute was locked that I couldn't open the flap. I drove
off and didn't click as to why it wouldn't open until later.