Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel gauge problem need help

southaussie

Family Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Executive 97
Hi peeps,

VT Exec '97 dual fuel (aftermarket)

When on fuel always reads full
When on LPG always reads empty

(Changed cluster)

When on fuel = full then after 2min empty
When on gas always empty

Checked wires into plugs. = fine.
Checked holding mode etc buttons fuel in tank =0.0

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Craig

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
When i figure out why my vs does something similar too, i will let you know :) Petrol works fine, but switch to gas and its pretty hit and miss... a full tank can read empty and warning you of imminent stopping for more than 200km, then suddenly jump up to the correct level for no apparent reason. The fuel consumption readouts still work fine though, and I get the weird situation where the fuel gauge says empty, the fuel warning buzzer and light are going, but the computer says I have 480km left in the tank lol

Mine is factory dual fuel, so the main gauge displays the gas level if you are using gas, or the petrol level if you are using petrol. Does yours have the same setup, or do you have a different gauge for the gas?

Are all of the other gauges working correctly?

Logic would suggest its a bad earth in the system somewhere... follow the earth wires to earth and check the contact surfaces... or try splicing in a known good earth somewhere close to the gauges to test..

southaussie

Family Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Executive 97
all gauges are working properly, and my gauge is setup like a factory gas install so i use the "fuel" gauge for the gas also