Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Gauge

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
Hi just bought a VZ 914 from Government Auctions and was wondering if anyone knows if the fuel gauges in police packs are calibrated in different? as mine gets to 1/4 and then falls away very very quickly bringing on the low fuel light?

thanks
daniel

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
i culdnt tell ya that one but all i know is the vzs have a shocker of a fuel gauge.see the other threads and ul see there alot of other ppl experiencing the same issues.i dont know the deal about buying a car thru auctions but others have been taking ther cars bak to the holden dealers and geting new software updated into the ecu.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate ,have already had door lock problem fixed under Warranty so should'nt be a problem will take it back to dealer.
Cheers
Daniel

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
by the way,hows she drive? i wulda got the same if had the time to shop around! is ther much diff between urs and mine?

uteman

Ford Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 Ute
Thanks mate ,have already had door lock problem fixed under Warranty so should'nt be a problem will take it back to dealer.
Cheers
Daniel

Shouldn't be a problem ? will be a hassle :bang: and in my case will never be fixed, or working as a petrol gauge should. Good Luck:unsure:

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dagar187 it drives very nice.
Uteman it sounds like you have had a long drawn out fuel gauge problem , thats not good i hope i dont get the run around from dealer.

Cheers
daniel

Marzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Same drama here with the fuel gauge!!! Took mine to get the software updated, that sorta fixed it! But now, fuel economy is a shocker, when the gauge says empty, there's at least 15 liters left after fill up. Will be going back next week to find out what the dealer did..... Otherwise the gauge is at least linear as opposed to it jumping all over the place previously..

But yer, there's a stick thread about fuel gauges in this forum, seems to be a very common problem.

Marz.

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
The dealer told me the computer calibrations are: that the low fuel warning will come on when you have approx 15 litres left (bloody ridiculous)
As far as driving it goes.........I drove it for another 50 odd K after the gauge read empty to test the theory............
( do this at your own risk OK? )
In summary........a bloody horrible fuel gauge.
Rogues

dagar187

ls1nder
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ-SS
ive been able to get mine down to 2kms left testing it like u rogues.didint have a problem :)