Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Guage Problem Fixed Possibly

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
Well Yesterday i pulled out the cluster to fix up a bit of a lighting problem, cuz its blue i can only see the shadow of the dial, so everything came apart and the dials are now white, just gotta get a black light shining in there now, but thats not happening yet.

Just thought i'd lets ya's know if you haven't pulled a cluster completely apart you don't really know whats under there. It's not much but circuitry and mechanisms really. But when i had my old cluster the fuel guage only scarcely worked. Put it back in today and it work straight away (cuz i snapped the other one changing it to white) There is nothing to the fuel guage really just a wire spring thing and two threaded bolts which are the contacts.

These contact bolts can be accessed from behind the cluster behind the fuel guage, just make sure the metal slot things that surround them are making a good contact, and i can't see y it probably wouldn't work.

Just thought id let you's know this little bit of info, good luck, don't blame me if i'm wrong :eek: