Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel guage

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive v6/vc commodores
hi all ....havin problem with vt exec fuel guage not workin at times just filled tank and guage registered full ..started later on now saying empty has happened before and came good....and yes i stuck a hose in to make sure it didnt get milked :thumbsup: also trip computer not registering any fuel also

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
still not working 2 days now..when i turn ignition on dial goes up to empty mark but wont go any higher.......

scojohara

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
It sounds like your sender unit in the tank has given up. Seems to be pretty common. Ours did it some time ago, we just drove off the km's until we put gas on it.

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok thanx im gonna try emptying tank tonite at work lol....and put fuel back in and see wat happens first.ill let u know col

wal

Reaction score
Members Ride
all fixed went to go out started car wasnt working still ..i went to plug me navigator into the cig lighter and i blew the fuse..stopped car pulled fuse out then started car petrol guage worked ? dosnt have any thin to do with cig fuse but must have been the electric jolt that fixed fuel guauge