Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel hose broken off in tank

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Forgot to say, they had it in for sale in half meter lengths and 1 meter packets. I went 1 meter as I thought I may stuff up the end a few times trying to get it on the valve. The connection through the tank looks easier as it has no bulge in the pipe like the outside to prevent the hose and clip from coming off. Yes the fuel pump /sender hole is 60mm, no chance of getting a hand in there over 4 year old's. I think a rubber based hose has more ability to stretch over the fittings than this Aeroflow hose.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Make sure hose is submersible fuel type otherwise you'll be doing job again sometime in future.

Other thing to check is dampener piece that connects fuel pump to fuel line on sender unit...they can deteriote or tear then leak fuel/lose fuel pressure.

Fcuk it replace fuel pump etc & all hoses whilst there so you won't have to the again lol.
Yep hose is submersible and I have bought all new hoses for everything except the filler neck hose. Think I have some from when I did the reserve tank on a landcruiser HJ75. Also bought a new Goss pump on Ebay as well as new fuel. filter. Surely don't want to do it again. Cheers

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah not a fun job you want to repeat any time soon...still stumped how peeps reckon they can get hand in there or that mofo' hose back on.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
On VR and VS, I have used a wire coat hanger pinched from the missus wardrobe and made into a hook. With a bit of twisting and juggling, the swirl pot connection pops off.
I then attach the new hose and guide it in and back into place on the swirl pot and twist a bit until secure..
Then I cut to length and attach to the spiggot on the tank plate and reassemble.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yeah not a fun job you want to repeat any time soon...still stumped how peeps reckon they can get hand in there or that mofo' hose back on.

You can't get your hand in but you can use tools.
There's videos on youtube demonstrating the sedan tanks.
I tried to do the ute but it's too hard as the swirl pot is in a different location to the sedan one.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Cheers Woteva , Will the valve on the swirl pot pull out? I checked mine out using an extendable inspection mirror and a torch and it looks like it has some black stuff holding or gluing it in, thought sure as eggs I would break it trying to get it out. On the Senator fuel tank it is on the side a little bit to the rear of the tank. Too much trouble for GMH to have put it in the front of the swirl pot where a man could get at it.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
You can't get your hand in but you can use tools.
There's videos on youtube demonstrating the sedan tanks.
I tried to do the ute but it's too hard as the swirl pot is in a different location to the sedan one.
Cheers Shane, I searched youtube for videos as it was driving me nuts but only found irrelevant junk.
I will look again thanks. Got to keep taking a break from this LOL really testing my patience. Must be GOMS.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Cheers Norti, Mate was just doing a web search and a mob called flyingcarparts on Ebay have a submersible fuel hose by the meter for less than half the price I bought locally. Just my luck as nothing like that came up when I needed to buy some. I typed in submersible fuel hose and it came up LOL would not come up when I needed it.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Cheers Mate, I got 1 meter pack of Aeroflow clear hose. On the label it says Aeroflow AF49-1060-1M, 5/16 BULKSAFE 12=2019, Bar code says 9 337206 122641 made in china.. www.aeroflowperformance.com
I bought it at the Carby center in Punari St, Townsville. Should be online somewhere.Having problem trying to get it on the swirl pot valve, used heat gun on low setting. Also tried oil. grease and petroleum jelly, no success so far , very trying for an old boy.
is that submersible fuel safe? I used what was packaged as sub fuel hose previously when there was a shortage, but it wasnt, and thats the black sticky goo I now have in the tank. It must be the right hose otherwise it will go bad.

refvpsenator

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator
Yes mate I understand what you are saying for sure. The label on the packaging says submersible and at $70.00 for a meter I sure hope it is. The bloke where I bought it specializes in carbys hence the name [Carby Center] and fuel injection. They seem very upfront so I have given them the benefit of the doubt.
The car had 88,000kms on it when I bought it and was told a leasing company owned it so what happened before I got it I have no idea. Has 123,000 or 129,000 on it now as I can't remember and it is hard to read it properly because it has bled the LED on two of the gauges. LOL It has taken around 25 years to reach that mileage. If it is marked a submersible I have no idea how to verify that.