Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injected 304 from VN-T into a VH?

frenchyvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Hi guys,

I've been thinking about doing this conversion for a while now into a VH SL/E. Just wondering if anyone on this forum has done such a thing and what difficulties they encountered? Also how it goes for mounting and bolting up the 5 speed into the VH as far as the rear engine mount is concerned? Does the shifter sit in the right place etc etc?

Any help would be much appreciated, I have already completed a search on this forum for a similar conversion to no avail.

Cheers

Rhys

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I've done the conversion on my VH.
Not a difficult conversion, especially with all the conversion engine harnesses around these days. When I did mine (approx 5-6 years ago) there wasn't much around so I just wired a VR engine harness into the VH harness.

you can keep the VH k-frame, however I learnt the hard way it's better to use VN-VS k-frame and rack as they give much better clearance for the headers and you can use VN-VS powersteering hoses. When I had the VH k-frame and rack, the headers sat right up against the rack. I was continually replacing pinion head seals.

I'm also using a VR T5. You have to make your own shifter cover plate for the transmission tunnel, as the VN onwards T5 shifter sits right to the back of the hole. Also need some customising work on the console to accomodate. Unless of course you can get your hands on a T5G as used in the Walkinshaw & Brock VL Grp A. The shifter will fit in the standard console. I had some troubles finding a rear x-member for the gearbox. The one supplied by Dellow wasn't really a good fit. By pure chance my mate got a crossmember with a gearbox he bought that he donated to me- it had written on it to suit T700, but it worked perfect with a TH400 gearbox mount. But try someone like Castlemaine rod Shop.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I've probably done it 2 or 3 times ;)

ddt07

2QUIK4U
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 5.0
vs stateo setup into vk 308

its good talk to some one thats done this. ok well i've ripped out the old one but i haven't replaced my k frame cause the stateo one looks the exact same size. the control arms are dif and the rack is prob dif but frame looks the same and i heard they now make the pacemakers 4 304 going into vh-vl so u dont get the prob u might of had with normal vn-vs headers. i have joined my tailshaft and had it remachined. my main concern is goin from cable speedo to wire. although my vk calais 5.0 seems to be different setup to my mates 3.0 vl who wants to do the same as me. mine is wier to a unit thing and then cable to the gearbox, instead of cable to speedo??????i aslo need to change battery to other side to allow for air intake dont i? and do i just need to change the one fuel pump and make my spare line the return line???