Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel injected transplant.....

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas of what to put my 5 litre in???? i was thinking about putting it in the shell of a vh sl/e that is at my local wreckers. im asking around a bit before i do make a transplant because i want it to look original :king:
cheers for your input :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mr.Jones

Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ Monaro 5L M5
transplant

boona,
A few tips for whatever you choose, preferrably get a car that had a v8 in it ie stronger diff rear disks springs etc. make sure the car was not defected if you get it from a wreckers because the car MUST come off the defect before you buy it or you wont be able to reregister it. for a wiring kit try 'v6 conversions' tell them what model car its going into and what year engine you have and what type of plug is on the o2 sensor my kit turned up with the wrong type on it. As for the type of car to get personal preference you are the one who has to drive it good luck jonesy

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
thanks for the tips Mr.jones
i went and asked them about just the shell with the interior and they sed $350.... it has a defect for the gas tank which is comin out neway cos i aint havin a dodgy gas tank lol! i just wrote off my ute on the weekend and wont be gettin any insurance for it so i ahve perfectly good running gear and no car to put it in..... aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhh! lol but yeah spose its gonna be a while before i can do anything about it cos im soon loosing my liscence for speeding :( lotsa money is gonna be saved up by the end of the six months tho :D
cheers for ur input :thumbsup:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
that sucks mate. enjoy the project in your walking time....

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
riding time :) lol.... i will be having alot of fun tryina work out wot the hell to put it in :p

vzuterus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I'd put it into a HZ ute one tonner. You'd be the envy of the city mate

vtss5spd

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss/ k8 gsxr 1000
I would put it in an early model commy aswell..... i reckon a straight vk with a nice paint job and ss look a like kit.
Mate if you want something purely for speed.... i saw a gemini on this sight with a vp v6 in it!! running 14.3 with his auto screwing up. Dunno if its possible, but imagine a little old gemi with a worked 304 under the hood.... hello 12s.
I dont like the look of them, but **** it would scream!!!
And i dunno if its even possible... and if it is would probably be more money than its worth to covert it.. just a thought.