Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel injected vh

jake87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1
g'day i was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be involved in converting to fuel injection from a vk black 202 to my vh 173. i can get all the gear off a mate 4 cheap. and i want to do it all myself.
Thanks

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Its pretty simple if you got a mind for it the wiring would be the hard part i think sammy on here done a few and got a website oldholdens or something try google it

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
make sure you get every thing including fuel tank and return line.
You'll also have to block the air injection ports on the head (above exhaust ports), modify the wiring and it'll all bolt on.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Some vh don't have the air injection setup Also you could use the a vn fuel tank i think you need the straps as well.

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
The VK EFI is a motor i've always wanted to have a play with, I'd love to set one up with a Kalmakered Delco808 and a cheap used Jap import hairdrier. As GD81 said, Get all the parts you can.

Last edited:

vh_thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
jake87 said:
g'day i was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be involved in converting to fuel injection from a vk black 202 to my vh 173. i can get all the gear off a mate 4 cheap. and i want to do it all myself.
Thanks

it wont work. the reason is the 173 is too small for the standard 202 efi computer to work properly on. you could use a different engine management thing or a vn one with a kalmaker tune (think thats it) but you'd be better off chucking the 173 and getting a 202.

it will only work for 202s and perhaps a bored 186 (up to 198 like my mates) or a bored 202.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
is fuel injection & efi the samething ? :p

would i have to lose my extractors to fit efi?

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
efi is Electronic fuel injection.
vk efi's came with extractors standard. which you're better of using as they are not restricked by the carbie manifold forcing them to bend down straight away.

Dose Pipe

Reaction score
At the time of this post, under your mothers bed w
Members Ride
It's quicker then your mothers VN
vh_thunder said:
it wont work. the reason is the 173 is too small for the standard 202 efi computer to work properly on. you could use a different engine management thing or a vn one with a kalmaker tune (think thats it) but you'd be better off chucking the 173 and getting a 202.

it will only work for 202s and perhaps a bored 186 (up to 198 like my mates) or a bored 202.

id love to know how he got 120 thou over pistons considering the biggest you can buy is 80