Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector cleaners

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
What would be the best fuel injector cleaner to use? My car is shuddering when going up hills and ideling.. Ive changed spark plugs fuel filter and it still does it. So is it worth trying a cleaner?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
What would be the best fuel injector cleaner to use? My car is shuddering when going up hills and ideling.. Ive changed spark plugs fuel filter and it still does it. So is it worth trying a cleaner?

Yes it is, and whatever is cheapest is as good as anything, however, the problem may be coils.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Have a look at your leads and coils too

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
i will try the cleaner first however i have never used them before. seeing i have had a fuel filter change, I am going to assume i will need to change it again after adding this stuff?

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
Put premium in it at least once a month when fuel prices go down or if youre rich always use premium fuel

U might have a tear in a vacuum hose

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
i will try the cleaner first however i have never used them before. seeing i have had a fuel filter change, I am going to assume i will need to change it again after adding this stuff?
Filter will not need changing.

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
I went throught the gears this morning and noticed the rpm drops slightly when in drive and reverse and thats when the rough idling starts. When in park and neutral its ok. Dont know if that means anything. Ive checked transmission oil levels and it looks good and clean

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Have you had a look at the throttle body? It's kind of sounding like the throttle body and IAC port could be full of carbon and restricting air flow.
Just don't touch the TPS or try to adjust the IAC plunger if you decide to pull it out and clean it.

BR00T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vy s2
I have had a throttle body issue in the past but didn't have the same symptoms. The symptoms I had back then were the accelerator wasn't pushing down smoothly and had hesitation. Although now you mention it, there is a little hesitation when taking off sometimes or when i push down to go faster sometimes there is a delay so worth a look i guess.