Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by jono67, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Kate_08

Kate_08 New Member

Members Ride:
    2014 Clubsport
    I'm having the same dramas with mine. 54,000kms, out of warranty. Already had the power steering replaced under 'goodwill', now misfire cylinder 6. I think I've narrowed it down to the injectors. Holden want to charge me $220 to diagnose it. I've emailed Holden Customer Care, and told them I believe it's a faulty injector and it seems like it's a known problem. The response was that 'injectors are a general wear and tear item, and he is not aware of it being an issue'. I've had a fair few cars and have never had an injector go.......

2. Daniel Souza

Daniel Souza Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    It is very easy to diagnose , just measure the injector impedance .

It should be less around 11-14 ohms.

3. Kate_08

Kate_08 New Member

Members Ride:
    2014 Clubsport
    I got 0 ohms on cylinder 6, around 13-15 on the rest. Just don't want to have to pay $220 for them to tell me this! They're saying it's going to take 1-2 hours for them to check it which is annoying. Hoping they'll listen to what I say and take it striaght up with head office rather than going through everything else.

4. Daniel Souza

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    That is good You done the homework.
    Make sure you mention you have already measured it . Also mention about this thread on the forum, tell them you can bring a pile of copies of Service invoice from several owners.
    Castle Hill Holden didn't want to comment much on the issue but they admitted there was an issue if the injectors. I had to wait more than one month.

Kate_08 likes this.
  5. Kate_08

Kate_08 New Member

Members Ride:
    2014 Clubsport
    A month is a long time to go without a car; or drive one that's running rough.

6. Daniel Souza

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    My wasn't too bad , the impedance was high but I kept an eye on the Fuel trims to make sure the correct amount of fuel was being delivered. More info can be found on the post #34

Your case is a bit different 0 ohms is probably a cylinder down. I wouldn't drive like that.

Kate_08 likes this.
  7. Banjo79

Banjo79 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Sportwagon
    L77 2013 16700km's, DTC for cyl 7 injector. Idle started to fluctuate 200-300rpm back and forth in a rhythm, before dropping so low it stalled and threw a code.

8. JohnSz

JohnSz New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline 2015
    This issue just started on my VF SSV Redline 2015. Took it in to my local Holden dealer (inner northern Sydney) and they confirmed that it was a faulty injector. After leaving the vehicle with them overnight, they called to say that Holden was going to replace all 8 injectors as a goodwill gesture. Going by all the other reports here, it's a known issue so if the dealer won't do it for free then contact Holden directly.

They told me that the injectors have to be ordered from Melbourne as they don't have any in stock. They also commented that there's another Commodore in their shop awaiting the same thing!

9. knight001

knight001 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF MY14 Commodore SS-V Auto 6.0L
    Hey Guys... Just had all 8 injectors in my VF SSV My14 sedan replaced by Holden as a goodwill gesture. On Monday I started the car early in the morning and it stalled. I started it again and up came Service ESP and the check engine light was flashing. The car was running rough so knew something was not right. Took it to Sutton's at Arncliffe and advised it was an injector issue and they all needed to be replaced. They wanted me to pay $1500. I called Holden Customer Care and they waived the charges as goodwill as a known issue. Holden Customer Care advised they will follow up with me next week to make sure all is still ok with my car.

The service advisor also mentioned something about power steering racks maybe recalled soon. A big 3 day job... He said they are waiting for Holden to release something about it. I wonder if that explains the clunk noise i hear from the front end whenever I drive out on an angle of a driveway or over some small bumps?

10. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    Probably not to do with steering rack.

11. Banjo79

Banjo79 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS Sportwagon
    Symptoms gone now I'm back to 98. Still a bit rough running, just no pulsing, stalling, engine light or 0207 code.
    I was running E85, which I have on and off for years with none of the newly present said problems, so ultimately I suspect there is still something wrong. I also have noticed injector 3 weeping from the top. Holden did one a few years ago under warranty.
    So is there a better injector out there than just putting back in Acdelco 12639221?

12. Wayne001

Wayne001 Member

Members Ride:
    Vf calais
    I think he ac delco ones are for E85 use aswell as the have 14 holes in the tip instead of 1 . When i first had the issue i bought a complete set of bosch ones to suit the vf 6ltr and the car was hopless , when turned of they would let fuel in and make it hard to start .