Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Can anyone confirm that the Series II does indeed use injectors with part number 02 801582 74 printed on it, per the Series I?

Nanda

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv red line vf 2014
Hey guys my 2014 ssv is experiencing the same problem service esp came up took it to holden I need new injectors and they cost an arm and a leg

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Can anyone confirm that the Series II does indeed use injectors with part number 02 801582 74 printed on it, per the Series I?
those injectors are used from 11/2010 --> Vin BL511406 ON according to my data and it was used in all L77 v8 until the 2015 LS3 was swapped in then they went back to a bosch injector

FozBBear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series II Black Edition
Hi all

It seems I am in the same basket now. I have a 2016 (purchased December 2016) SV6 Black Edition and on the way to work this morning the car shuddered and the Service ESP displayed on the screen and the engine light started to flash.

It also feels like I am driving a tractor now and when the car slows down and changes back through the gears there is a distinct 'thump' as it goes through the gears.

Not knowing a lot about cars, can you let me know if the car is still ok to drive as I rang Patterson Cheney this morning and they have booked it in for Tuesday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day all

Andy

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Hey guys my 2014 ssv is experiencing the same problem service esp came up took it to holden I need new injectors and they cost an arm and a leg

Nanda, even though you may be out of warranty, Holden should be replacing all 8 free of charge. Tell the dealer to check with head office as it is a fault with the original injectors. Keep us posted.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hi all

It seems I am in the same basket now. I have a 2016 (purchased December 2016) SV6 Black Edition and on the way to work this morning the car shuddered and the Service ESP displayed on the screen and the engine light started to flash.

It also feels like I am driving a tractor now and when the car slows down and changes back through the gears there is a distinct 'thump' as it goes through the gears.

Not knowing a lot about cars, can you let me know if the car is still ok to drive as I rang Patterson Cheney this morning and they have booked it in for Tuesday.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day all

Andy

Is your engine light on? Very hard to see behind the Tacho needle if you are doing 1800 rpm. My previous Calais V did that for a few days but came good. The code was one of the Cylinders misfiring and disappeared after a few days. Never returned.

FozBBear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Series II Black Edition
Anthony121 the light came on and flashed on and off for about a minute and then disappeared.

I am hoping when I start it up today it drives a bit better than a tractor - maybe a harvester.

Just hoping it will be ok to drive until Tuesday

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Final update. As mentioned earlier, Holden themselves (not the dealer) reimbursed me for the initial injector invoice of near $400 just prior to Christmas. After some back and forth emailing they would not compensate me with $ for the inconvenience of having my car off the road and it being a guest at the dealership for the 20 days, as I had no receipts for taxi/bus/train or car hire.

I did however hit them up for a Holden accessories voucher to the tune of $200. Again, it took a few emails to get my point across, and they came to the party, which came in very handy, as I'd been meaning to purchase a moulded rubber boot liner (which just so happened to come to the grand total of $197:)).I picked it up at a dealer close to home this morning using my voucher.

Thanks to Skylarking and others for the initial info and prodding, and for those out there where the dealer is not playing fair, it's worth the time to fire off an email to Holden customer care. Just make sure if they do in fact have your car for a considerable amount of time and you need to arrange other modes of transport, keep receipts!!!

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Or when you book the car in ask for a free loan car and if it’s like the time Holden “forgot to service my car” you keep the loaner till you get your car back

ShakeyCan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS-V Redline M6
Evening all.
This week I had the "Service ESP" message displayed, Malfunction light come on (mix of solid and flashing) and a definite misfiring especially under load. Took it to the dealer today and they said that one of the injectors was failing. They suggested replacing them all and had contacted Holden to have it all done at their expense. Kudos to the dealer! (I'm not a fan of dealer servicing, but I've got to hand it to them this time for doing the right thing). They didn't hear back by the end of the day, but they expect a positive response on Monday. They also have the injectors in hand ready to go.
Looking forward to having this sorted early next week as I reckon there has been some misfiring for a little while at speed.

Last edited: