Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

westhampunk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS STORM
Hi guys
I have a 2014 VF SS Storm with 80,000km and had the same symptoms mentioned in this thread. It started running really lumpy on startup for about 2 weeks then 1 afternoon last week i went to go to work and service esp came on the dash, along with check engine light and traction control light. I put the scan tool up to it and got 2 codes P0206 and P0306. Cylinder 6 misfire and open circuit fuel injector cylinder 6.
I took it to Castle hill Holden and the guys there knew of the issue with the injectors. Holden ok'd the goodwill replacement of all 8 injectors under the factory warranty even though it had lapsed. It is running smooth as now. it must have been on its way for a bit.
The guys at Castle hill Holden were so good, I cant fault them. If anyone in Sydney has any problems i would recommend them.
Cheers

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ good to hear things work more smoothly for commodore owners now that Holden seems to have acknowledged the issue by virtue of paying for such work.

Love to see the service bulletin for this issue as it must exist by now.

Mammal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline ute
G'day mammal and welcome. If you are up to your 4th injector, you need all of them replaced, especially if you have had #2 replaced twice!!!

I'd ask your Holden dealer to check with head office to see about replacing the whole lot because you know of others (us) that have had the same issues and Holden have been doing just that. If they don't, call Holden Customer Care on 1800 46 465 336 (between 8.00am and 7.00pm Mon to Fri) and explain to them whats been happening and that you know other customers have had all injectors replaced due to faults with the original ones.
Thank you jono67 dealership is coming to the party put down to bad batch whole lot to be replaced

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got the old "Service ESP" on the weekend, checked all fault codes & cleared them.
It idles just a little rough so now the car booked in for Tuesday.

Brad094

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SSvRedline
Hey guys I'm having the same problem with my 2013 Vf Redline. Service esp, check engine light and the engine is definetly missing.
I have replaced the spark plugs, leads, I have a brand new air filter, checked the ecu ( its was fine) and i got the injectors flow tested.
One injector came back with an open circuit so I got it replaced as well.

However I'm still experiencing the same issue.

After reading through this thread, has anyone had any luck with holden coming to the party for older Vf models?

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I just had 8 injectors replaced at Castle Hill Holden after waiting around one month for the injectors. I measured the new injectors and they are all 12.9 ohms .

Part number 12576341

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Hey guys I'm having the same problem with my 2013 Vf Redline. Service esp, check engine light and the engine is definetly missing.
I have replaced the spark plugs, leads, I have a brand new air filter, checked the ecu ( its was fine) and i got the injectors flow tested.
One injector came back with an open circuit so I got it replaced as well.

However I'm still experiencing the same issue.

After reading through this thread, has anyone had any luck with holden coming to the party for older Vf models?

Brad, I'd still talk to your local Holden dealer, and if no joy there, contact Holden Customer Service. Skylarking has mentioned a few times here that the injectors should last the life of the vehicle, so regardless of age, it's a fault with the injectors on the VF.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
I just had 8 injectors replaced at Castle Hill Holden after waiting around one month for the injectors. I measured the new injectors and they are all 12.9 ohms .

Part number 12576341
That's a fair old wait Daniel, did you still drive your car, or did they hang onto it?

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
That's a fair old wait Daniel, did you still drive your car, or did they hang onto it?
I drove the car during this time. As I mentioned before, I kept checking the fuel trims and o2 sensors behaviour and all looked acceptable.