Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got my car back from the dealers after the initial inspection, a new set of injectors have been ordered and will be installed next week.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So service is done, all 8 injectors replaced @ a cost of $0

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Let us know how your cold start idle goes.

S-T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSVF2
VFII Redline 2015 - 27k. On Monday last week, I got a nasty surprise when I started my car and it began to rock a little. Engine Light on and the ESP Service warning flashed up. Made an appointment with Patterson Holden and didn't drive it for a few days. On service day, they called me informing me the injector #2 was the problem. While out of warranty, they will try to get Holden to cover it. When I collected the car, they claimed to replace all of the injectors at no charge. I can't tell but am thankful. The warning light is gone and it's a bit more poised on startup the last few days. I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating... the average fuel consumption has dropped by 0.1!

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Let us know how your cold start idle goes.

Yeah it seems fine, certainly doesn't feel any faster with the new ones, like I was hoping lol.

Ssdriver47

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf commodore
So had the engine warning light come up and the service esp took it into holden and they said missfire on cylinder 1..luckily they had the new injectors in stock and getting them swapped out next week..they said it had something to do with the fuel passing through a plastic part in the injectors and deteriorating the plastic??? Dosent sound right to me but then again I'm not a mechanic..they also said the new injectors are boost compatable..once again not a mechanic so no idea what that means

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
So had the engine warning light come up and the service esp took it into holden and they said missfire on cylinder 1..luckily they had the new injectors in stock and getting them swapped out next week..they said it had something to do with the fuel passing through a plastic part in the injectors and deteriorating the plastic??? Dosent sound right to me but then again I'm not a mechanic..they also said the new injectors are boost compatable..once again not a mechanic so no idea what that means
Glad to hear they are in stock and you are getting them all swapped over. Yes someone here mentioned in an earlier post something about the fuel passing through the plastic but affecting the electronics I think, if you went back through the pages it's somewhere there. Not too sure about the boost compatible bit, I'm sure someone here will come up with an answer.