Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Lowman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 Redline
Went into the local Holden dealer on monday and left the car with them stating that the car had an injector problem. I was told that they wouldn't be able to look at it till wednesday (the chick was rude as too). I asked about a loan car as I use my car for work everyday but she wasn't interested in what I had to say about that and said it wasn't their responsibility (she was only interested in telling me that I was had to pay a diagnostic fee if there was no fault). I left the car with them and walked straight out of the service department and rang customer care and explained the situation. Customer care were heaps more understanding and willing to help. They rang the dealer on my behalf and low and behold I got a call 2 hours later from the dealer saying that they had already looked at the car and yes I did indeed have an injector problem. They then said the car should be ready on wednesday afternoon if the parts were available. I got a call lunchtime tuesday saying that my car was ready!!! Picked it up this morning (wednesday) and all is back to normal. They replaced all the injectors no questions asked. I recommend ringing customer care and organising everything through them. Holden is obviously aware there is a major problem with the injectors in their cars and more than likely want to get the issue solved with minimal fuss.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Went into the local Holden dealer on monday and left the car with them stating that the car had an injector problem. I was told that they wouldn't be able to look at it till wednesday (the chick was rude as too). I asked about a loan car as I use my car for work everyday but she wasn't interested in what I had to say about that and said it wasn't their responsibility (she was only interested in telling me that I was had to pay a diagnostic fee if there was no fault). I left the car with them and walked straight out of the service department and rang customer care and explained the situation. Customer care were heaps more understanding and willing to help. They rang the dealer on my behalf and low and behold I got a call 2 hours later from the dealer saying that they had already looked at the car and yes I did indeed have an injector problem. They then said the car should be ready on wednesday afternoon if the parts were available. I got a call lunchtime tuesday saying that my car was ready!!! Picked it up this morning (wednesday) and all is back to normal. They replaced all the injectors no questions asked. I recommend ringing customer care and organising everything through them. Holden is obviously aware there is a major problem with the injectors in their cars and more than likely want to get the issue solved with minimal fuss.
Good stuff Lowman, glad to hear all sorted:).

Myfirstv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Caprice V
After seeing your success, I will go to my dealer. It's 180k away but it is worth the travel. I shall call customer care as a matter of courtesy as well. The local dealership is not where I bought the car from. I actually sourced it from WA as they are up to 10k cheaper than in any other state. I arranged for it to be trucked over. I can say however, both the SA Dealer and the WA Dealer have been amazing to do business with. I cannot emphasize enough how well their customer service has been. So, here goes. It's been great having this forum to source information from. I also appreciate all the feedback. So Thanks.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
After seeing your success, I will go to my dealer. It's 180k away but it is worth the travel. I shall call customer care as a matter of courtesy as well. The local dealership is not where I bought the car from. I actually sourced it from WA as they are up to 10k cheaper than in any other state. I arranged for it to be trucked over. I can say however, both the SA Dealer and the WA Dealer have been amazing to do business with. I cannot emphasize enough how well their customer service has been. So, here goes. It's been great having this forum to source information from. I also appreciate all the feedback. So Thanks.
Considering you are so far away from your local dealer (wow), I'd call Holden customer service first to get the ball rolling so that you are not wasting your time once you get to the dealer, explain to them how far away you are, and perhaps they can make sure all is set to go once you get there.

Don't worry, I too purchased my car from a dealer in WA and had it trucked over. Same thing, I saved a huge amount by doing so. It was only 7 months old and had an inspection done on it plus they sent me plenty of photos, so took the risk. I just made sure I filled out the new ownership form which from memory was in the back of the owners manual and sent it off to Holden so I was down on their data base as the new owner.

Let us know how you get on.

Billyt69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Sportswagon 6.2L
I called Castle Hill Holden again the other week and they told me the approval to replace all my Injectors hasn't come thru & they will chase it up. I have had the misfire now for maybe 6 weeks. I think i have been patient enough, I'll be calling Holden Customer care tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

R007C4U53

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Calais V 6.0
Had the same issue in my newly acquired 2015 Calais V, called customer care and the guy got a bit shirty when I mentioned that I think I’ve got an injector issue! “Take it to a Holden dealer for diagnosis, and if faulty injectors we’ll fix it free of charge to you” rang local dealer who did last 2 services and said have misfire and error lights, was told to bring it in first thing Tuesday. My mechanic pulled cylinder misfire codes from the computer.

Billyt69

Reaction score
Members Ride
My car was fixed today. 8 injectors replaced free of charge under goodwill. Vehicle 3 months outside warranty.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Good outcome

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My car was fixed today. 8 injectors replaced free of charge under goodwill. Vehicle 3 months outside warranty.

Do they replace them with the same injectors or is there revised part ?

Billyt69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do they replace them with the same injectors or is there revised part ?

I can only assume whatever manufacturing fault they had was rectified??

Part number noted on my service slip is 8 x GM12576341 INJECTOR ASM-SEQ M/PORT F