Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Billyt69 thats great news that it was fixed but ignore the “gesture of good will” terminology as Holden know they must fix it under ACL despite the vehicle being past manufacturers warranty.

In fact, I thought it was part of Holdens undertaking to ACCC not to use such misleading terms when something was fault and should be replaced according to ACL. Maybe the undertaking period has elapsed by now so we may start to see a slide back to old habits o_O

Good outcome in any case.

PS: if a part is revised the normal course is to always assign an different number so issues can be tracked. Oddly that wasn’t done with revised key barrel for some odd reason; must have been one of those rogue engineers that are so common within the industry.

R007C4U53

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Calais V 6.0
Got my Calais back today after dealer had it since Tuesday, they tried 3 different ways to get them replaced by Holden, rejected each time by Holden warranty. Guy wasn’t sure why and had actually ordered the injectors in thinking they were going to get authorised. $750 for all 8 to be replaced.

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
Got my Calais back today after dealer had it since Tuesday, they tried 3 different ways to get them replaced by Holden, rejected each time by Holden warranty. Guy wasn’t sure why and had actually ordered the injectors in thinking they were going to get authorised. $750 for all 8 to be replaced.
I'd fire off an inquiry via the Holden website to customer "care". They then assign an SRNO number to your case. You shouldn't be paying for them, so throw in that fuel injectors should last the life time of the car as Skylarking had suggested to me when I sent off my inquiry. I also threw in this "Given my statutory warranty rights under the recently added Australian Consumer Law (ACL), I would have thought it would have been replaced free of charge given the car was not long out of warranty" (also raised by Skylarking).

Let us know how you get on.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Had the same issue in my newly acquired 2015 Calais V, called customer care and the guy got a bit shirty when I mentioned that I think I’ve got an injector issue! “Take it to a Holden dealer for diagnosis, and if faulty injectors we’ll fix it free of charge to you” rang local dealer who did last 2 services and said have misfire and error lights, was told to bring it in first thing Tuesday. My mechanic pulled cylinder misfire codes from the computer.
If memory serves me correctly (not always) I thought the batch of fault injectors were limited to LS3 engines and not the smaller AFM motors. If so this brings up two related questions:

1. Is there an issue with a bad batch of faulty injectors also stretching to AFM motors? If yes, Holden should cover costs and replace all injectors under your ACL statutory warranty.

2. If there is no bad batch injector issue with AFM motors, then the dealer should localise the one or two faulty injectors and replace only those faulty injectors. But even in this situation there is still a case for Holden to cover the cost as part of your ACL statutory warrant rights since the injectors should last the life of the vehicle.

In any case what you have been told sounds a bit on the doggie side with not enough explanation from Holden or the dealer. So read the 9 pages of the thread to understand the issues and how to attack them and then call Holden Customer Care and again discuss it the with them. I’d now think that as a Holden dealer has diagnosed fuel injector faults, Holden shouldn’t get shorty with you and cover the costs as HCC first suggested.

Do note that if you bought a car privately with no factory warranty left, ACL does not really apply but there is still an expectation the Holden should help owners with component problems that should really last the life of the vehicle (this is where good will comes in).

killingwithasmile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sportswagon
Had this issue come up Saturday morning, towed car to dealer Tuesday, Diagnosed as faulty injector #4 and replaced at no cost. Picked up car Tuesday afternoon.

Now as skylarking mentioned, my car is 2014 AFM 6.0ltr so only the faulty injector was replaced.

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
Just had mine done yesterday, stealer said the #4 was showing high resistance and swapped a new set in. Service manger said Holden has a service bulltin for it to replace all 8.

Covered under warranty (till November this year).

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
It looks likely my redline has now got a faulty injector @ 33k km tonight. I still drove her home with engine light and errors coming up. Drove like a bitch lol. I’ll check tomorrow with the engine analyzer. Have to send it for repairs and maybe they can see if my engine slap is worth changeover engine

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I picked up my Redline tonight with 8 new injectors. Wow what a difference! I think the rough Idle this car has had for more than 18 months were shitty injectors. The engine is now running how it should be. No more high idle either. very happy except Holden are still using the existing part number when replacing the injectors.