Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Kate_08

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Clubsport
I'm having the same dramas with mine. 54,000kms, out of warranty. Already had the power steering replaced under 'goodwill', now misfire cylinder 6. I think I've narrowed it down to the injectors. Holden want to charge me $220 to diagnose it. I've emailed Holden Customer Care, and told them I believe it's a faulty injector and it seems like it's a known problem. The response was that 'injectors are a general wear and tear item, and he is not aware of it being an issue'. I've had a fair few cars and have never had an injector go.......

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I'm having the same dramas with mine. 54,000kms, out of warranty. Already had the power steering replaced under 'goodwill', now misfire cylinder 6. I think I've narrowed it down to the injectors. Holden want to charge me $220 to diagnose it. I've emailed Holden Customer Care, and told them I believe it's a faulty injector and it seems like it's a known problem. The response was that 'injectors are a general wear and tear item, and he is not aware of it being an issue'. I've had a fair few cars and have never had an injector go.......
It is very easy to diagnose , just measure the injector impedance .

It should be less around 11-14 ohms.

Kate_08

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Clubsport
It is very easy to diagnose , just measure the injector impedance .

It should be less around 11-14 ohms.

I got 0 ohms on cylinder 6, around 13-15 on the rest. Just don't want to have to pay $220 for them to tell me this! They're saying it's going to take 1-2 hours for them to check it which is annoying. Hoping they'll listen to what I say and take it striaght up with head office rather than going through everything else.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I got 0 ohms on cylinder 6, around 13-15 on the rest. Just don't want to have to pay $220 for them to tell me this! They're saying it's going to take 1-2 hours for them to check it which is annoying. Hoping they'll listen to what I say and take it striaght up with head office rather than going through everything else.
That is good You done the homework.
Make sure you mention you have already measured it . Also mention about this thread on the forum, tell them you can bring a pile of copies of Service invoice from several owners.
Castle Hill Holden didn't want to comment much on the issue but they admitted there was an issue if the injectors. I had to wait more than one month.

Kate_08

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Clubsport
That is good You done the homework.
Make sure you mention you have already measured it . Also mention about this thread on the forum, tell them you can bring a pile of copies of Service invoice from several owners.
Castle Hill Holden didn't want to comment much on the issue but they admitted there was an issue if the injectors. I had to wait more than one month.
A month is a long time to go without a car; or drive one that's running rough.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
A month is a long time to go without a car; or drive one that's running rough.
My wasn't too bad , the impedance was high but I kept an eye on the Fuel trims to make sure the correct amount of fuel was being delivered. More info can be found on the post #34

Your case is a bit different 0 ohms is probably a cylinder down. I wouldn't drive like that.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
L77 2013 16700km's, DTC for cyl 7 injector. Idle started to fluctuate 200-300rpm back and forth in a rhythm, before dropping so low it stalled and threw a code.

JohnSz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline 2015
This issue just started on my VF SSV Redline 2015. Took it in to my local Holden dealer (inner northern Sydney) and they confirmed that it was a faulty injector. After leaving the vehicle with them overnight, they called to say that Holden was going to replace all 8 injectors as a goodwill gesture. Going by all the other reports here, it's a known issue so if the dealer won't do it for free then contact Holden directly.

They told me that the injectors have to be ordered from Melbourne as they don't have any in stock. They also commented that there's another Commodore in their shop awaiting the same thing!

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
Hey Guys... Just had all 8 injectors in my VF SSV My14 sedan replaced by Holden as a goodwill gesture. On Monday I started the car early in the morning and it stalled. I started it again and up came Service ESP and the check engine light was flashing. The car was running rough so knew something was not right. Took it to Sutton's at Arncliffe and advised it was an injector issue and they all needed to be replaced. They wanted me to pay $1500. I called Holden Customer Care and they waived the charges as goodwill as a known issue. Holden Customer Care advised they will follow up with me next week to make sure all is still ok with my car.

The service advisor also mentioned something about power steering racks maybe recalled soon. A big 3 day job... He said they are waiting for Holden to release something about it. I wonder if that explains the clunk noise i hear from the front end whenever I drive out on an angle of a driveway or over some small bumps?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Hey Guys... Just had all 8 injectors in my VF SSV My14 sedan replaced by Holden as a goodwill gesture. On Monday I started the car early in the morning and it stalled. I started it again and up came Service ESP and the check engine light was flashing. The car was running rough so knew something was not right. Took it to Sutton's at Arncliffe and advised it was an injector issue and they all needed to be replaced. They wanted me to pay $1500. I called Holden Customer Care and they waived the charges as goodwill as a known issue. Holden Customer Care advised they will follow up with me next week to make sure all is still ok with my car.

The service advisor also mentioned something about power steering racks maybe recalled soon. A big 3 day job... He said they are waiting for Holden to release something about it. I wonder if that explains the clunk noise i hear from the front end whenever I drive out on an angle of a driveway or over some small bumps?
Probably not to do with steering rack.