Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
That's great outcome. I like to run Liqui Moly petrol system cleaner at every service. I found this is the only thing that makes noticeable difference. Been using it for years on all cars.
****....and here I was thinking usingn98 rob every time was all I needed....is it called “liqui moly” ?

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Damn...mines a July Build 2017 SSV Redline.....49000 on the clock; These damn injectors better hold up

Russell P

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM 6.0 Caprice
Hi Guys
2/2017 SSV Redline auto sedan with 123,000kms. Had number 1 injector changed Nov 2020 and same issue on start up after work today.
Rough idle, check engine and trac control; my scan tool was borrowed & not returned.
Had a non Holden mechanic do last one as I couldn’t get into BGM for two weeks.
Has anyone found that after clearing code that issue goes away for a while?
Thinking of buying from USA but car is my daily and project car is in bits.
Russ

Suami

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hi Guys
2/2017 SSV Redline auto sedan with 123,000kms. Had number 1 injector changed Nov 2020 and same issue on start up after work today.
Rough idle, check engine and trac control; my scan tool was borrowed & not returned.
Had a non Holden mechanic do last one as I couldn’t get into BGM for two weeks.
Has anyone found that after clearing code that issue goes away for a while?
Thinking of buying from USA but car is my daily and project car is in bits.
Russ
That’s sounds like the code that gets thrown up on my VE 3.0 when the throttle body and position sensor are fucked

Russell P

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM 6.0 Caprice
That’s sounds like the code that gets thrown up on my VE 3.0 when the throttle body and position sensor are fucked
Will no for sure when I get the codes but pretty sure it will be another injector

Russell P

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM 6.0 Caprice
Hey guys is 12576341 the Injector part number that came from factory in 2017 LS3 models? If so should they be replaced individually with that number or the 12686278? Is there any software updates required for the later part number?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Has anyone had their injectors replaced by Holden free of charhe where the car had non standard tune. i.e. CAI and tune ?