Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Hey mate i cant account for the first fill into the tank but it has been 98 each fill thereafter.. mostly shell. ..and not bp "ultimate" shell is just near my house.
6.0 vf1 series II
95 ? Im listening mate you have lost me

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I've had a rough idle from about 130-150k. Startup is fine though. No engine light ever, spark plugs done. Its an L77 and gets run on 95,98 and e85 and is no different. Could be a dozen things but just thought I'd mention it. So who makes good injectors if I need some?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Hey mate i cant account for the first fill into the tank but it has been 98 each fill thereafter.. mostly shell. ..and not bp "ultimate" shell is just near my house.
6.0 vf1 series II
95 ? Im listening mate you have lost me

If you read that VE thread you posted in, there is a lot of talk about cold starting improving in flex fuel cars by changing from 98 to 95 fuel.

I had bad cold starts with mine using Shell 98. Changed to Shell 95 and all was good in the world.

I recommend you have a read of that thread.

Steve1109

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coomodore VF SSV Redline 2104
I am currently having the same issue. Had Cylinder 6 and 4 go then cylinder 3which the dealer charged me for labour has only in the last 2 days started to play up again. Have had the air con go the under warranty the front suspension. The only time in my life I bought a V8 now regretting it

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I am currently having the same issue. Had Cylinder 6 and 4 go then cylinder 3which the dealer charged me for labour has only in the last 2 days started to play up again. Have had the air con go the under warranty the front suspension. The only time in my life I bought a V8 now regretting it
Hi Steve,

Which year am how many Km your car has?

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Well today took out the sad injector a put in a new one car runs super smooth now , the old injector had a ohm reading of 29 .

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Thanks Wayne, for the update. Appreciate it. Sounds like a consumer covered warranty issue for holden to fix due to the faulty part which was originally fitted to the vehicle( bosch).

Injecters are normally "for the life of the vehicle" -cleaning /maintenance/fuel issues aside of course.
These injecters are FAILING HOLDEN.

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Thanks Wayne, for the update. Appreciate it. Sounds like a consumer covered warranty issue for holden to fix due to the faulty part which was originally fitted to the vehicle( bosch).

Injecters are normally "for the life of the vehicle" -cleaning /maintenance/fuel issues aside of course.
These injecters are FAILING HOLDEN.
Mine are ac delco , i just bought some from America cheap as i could not be bothered dealing with holden .

Tumble_roll

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf1 ssv redline
Cheers mate for the alternative after market supplier which you have nominated. However i still question why you have the need to replace the injecters which were originally fitted as stock in your vehicle in the first place ? ..why are you buying new injecters ?

Wayne001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf calais
Cheers mate for the alternative after market supplier which you have nominated. However i still question why you have the need to replace the injecters which were originally fitted as stock in your vehicle in the first place ? ..why are you buying new injecters ?
Because the ohms reading are getting to high the ones i replace , i can tell when some thing is wrong as it starts to run and idle rough . It not a big job to test them and then change them , i only replace when they fail .