Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by jono67, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Lowman

Lowman New Member

Members Ride:
    VF S2 Redline
    Went into the local Holden dealer on monday and left the car with them stating that the car had an injector problem. I was told that they wouldn't be able to look at it till wednesday (the chick was rude as too). I asked about a loan car as I use my car for work everyday but she wasn't interested in what I had to say about that and said it wasn't their responsibility (she was only interested in telling me that I was had to pay a diagnostic fee if there was no fault). I left the car with them and walked straight out of the service department and rang customer care and explained the situation. Customer care were heaps more understanding and willing to help. They rang the dealer on my behalf and low and behold I got a call 2 hours later from the dealer saying that they had already looked at the car and yes I did indeed have an injector problem. They then said the car should be ready on wednesday afternoon if the parts were available. I got a call lunchtime tuesday saying that my car was ready!!! Picked it up this morning (wednesday) and all is back to normal. They replaced all the injectors no questions asked. I recommend ringing customer care and organising everything through them. Holden is obviously aware there is a major problem with the injectors in their cars and more than likely want to get the issue solved with minimal fuss.

2. jono67

jono67 Member

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SSV S1 M6
    Good stuff Lowman, glad to hear all sorted:).

Myfirstv8 likes this.
  3. Myfirstv8

Myfirstv8 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Caprice V
    After seeing your success, I will go to my dealer. It's 180k away but it is worth the travel. I shall call customer care as a matter of courtesy as well. The local dealership is not where I bought the car from. I actually sourced it from WA as they are up to 10k cheaper than in any other state. I arranged for it to be trucked over. I can say however, both the SA Dealer and the WA Dealer have been amazing to do business with. I cannot emphasize enough how well their customer service has been. So, here goes. It's been great having this forum to source information from. I also appreciate all the feedback. So Thanks.

4. jono67

jono67 Member

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SSV S1 M6
    Considering you are so far away from your local dealer (wow), I'd call Holden customer service first to get the ball rolling so that you are not wasting your time once you get to the dealer, explain to them how far away you are, and perhaps they can make sure all is set to go once you get there.

Don't worry, I too purchased my car from a dealer in WA and had it trucked over. Same thing, I saved a huge amount by doing so. It was only 7 months old and had an inspection done on it plus they sent me plenty of photos, so took the risk. I just made sure I filled out the new ownership form which from memory was in the back of the owners manual and sent it off to Holden so I was down on their data base as the new owner.

Let us know how you get on.

5. Billyt69

Billyt69 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SSV Sportswagon 6.2L
    I called Castle Hill Holden again the other week and they told me the approval to replace all my Injectors hasn't come thru & they will chase it up. I have had the misfire now for maybe 6 weeks. I think i have been patient enough, I'll be calling Holden Customer care tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

6. R007C4U53

R007C4U53 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Calais V 6.0
    Had the same issue in my newly acquired 2015 Calais V, called customer care and the guy got a bit shirty when I mentioned that I think I’ve got an injector issue! “Take it to a Holden dealer for diagnosis, and if faulty injectors we’ll fix it free of charge to you” rang local dealer who did last 2 services and said have misfire and error lights, was told to bring it in first thing Tuesday. My mechanic pulled cylinder misfire codes from the computer.

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  7. Billyt69

Billyt69 New Member

Members Ride:
    My car was fixed today. 8 injectors replaced free of charge under goodwill. Vehicle 3 months outside warranty.

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  8. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    Good outcome

9. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF II SS
    Do they replace them with the same injectors or is there revised part ?

10. Billyt69

Billyt69 New Member

Members Ride:
    I can only assume whatever manufacturing fault they had was rectified??

Part number noted on my service slip is 8 x GM12576341 INJECTOR ASM-SEQ M/PORT F

11. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    @Billyt69 thats great news that it was fixed but ignore the “gesture of good will” terminology as Holden know they must fix it under ACL despite the vehicle being past manufacturers warranty.

In fact, I thought it was part of Holdens undertaking to ACCC not to use such misleading terms when something was fault and should be replaced according to ACL. Maybe the undertaking period has elapsed by now so we may start to see a slide back to old habits o_O

Good outcome in any case.

PS: if a part is revised the normal course is to always assign an different number so issues can be tracked. Oddly that wasn’t done with revised key barrel for some odd reason; must have been one of those rogue engineers that are so common within the industry.

12. R007C4U53

R007C4U53 New Member

Members Ride:
    2015 Calais V 6.0
    Got my Calais back today after dealer had it since Tuesday, they tried 3 different ways to get them replaced by Holden, rejected each time by Holden warranty. Guy wasn’t sure why and had actually ordered the injectors in thinking they were going to get authorised. $750 for all 8 to be replaced.

13. jono67

jono67 Member

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SSV S1 M6
    I'd fire off an inquiry via the Holden website to customer "care". They then assign an SRNO number to your case. You shouldn't be paying for them, so throw in that fuel injectors should last the life time of the car as Skylarking had suggested to me when I sent off my inquiry. I also threw in this "Given my statutory warranty rights under the recently added Australian Consumer Law (ACL), I would have thought it would have been replaced free of charge given the car was not long out of warranty" (also raised by Skylarking).

Let us know how you get on.

Skylarking likes this.
  14. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    If memory serves me correctly (not always) I thought the batch of fault injectors were limited to LS3 engines and not the smaller AFM motors. If so this brings up two related questions:

1. Is there an issue with a bad batch of faulty injectors also stretching to AFM motors? If yes, Holden should cover costs and replace all injectors under your ACL statutory warranty.

2. If there is no bad batch injector issue with AFM motors, then the dealer should localise the one or two faulty injectors and replace only those faulty injectors. But even in this situation there is still a case for Holden to cover the cost as part of your ACL statutory warrant rights since the injectors should last the life of the vehicle.

In any case what you have been told sounds a bit on the doggie side with not enough explanation from Holden or the dealer. So read the 9 pages of the thread to understand the issues and how to attack them and then call Holden Customer Care and again discuss it the with them. I’d now think that as a Holden dealer has diagnosed fuel injector faults, Holden shouldn’t get shorty with you and cover the costs as HCC first suggested.

Do note that if you bought a car privately with no factory warranty left, ACL does not really apply but there is still an expectation the Holden should help owners with component problems that should really last the life of the vehicle (this is where good will comes in).

15. killingwithasmile

killingwithasmile New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Sportswagon
    Had this issue come up Saturday morning, towed car to dealer Tuesday, Diagnosed as faulty injector #4 and replaced at no cost. Picked up car Tuesday afternoon.

Now as skylarking mentioned, my car is 2014 AFM 6.0ltr so only the faulty injector was replaced.

16. Dyl123456789

Dyl123456789 New Member

Members Ride:
    Sv6 Vf Ute
  17. Mayuri Krab

Mayuri Krab Member

Members Ride:
    VF series 2 SSV Redline, R33 Skyline GTS-T
    Just had mine done yesterday, stealer said the #4 was showing high resistance and swapped a new set in. Service manger said Holden has a service bulltin for it to replace all 8.

Covered under warranty (till November this year).

18. panhead

panhead Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Cars
    Is that 'doggie side' like take it up the ring?

19. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    It looks likely my redline has now got a faulty injector @ 33k km tonight. I still drove her home with engine light and errors coming up. Drove like a bitch lol. I’ll check tomorrow with the engine analyzer. Have to send it for repairs and maybe they can see if my engine slap is worth changeover engine

Ron Burgundy likes this.
  20. Anthony121

Anthony121 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
    I picked up my Redline tonight with 8 new injectors. Wow what a difference! I think the rough Idle this car has had for more than 18 months were shitty injectors. The engine is now running how it should be. No more high idle either. very happy except Holden are still using the existing part number when replacing the injectors.

Ron Burgundy likes this.