Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Happened to mine the other night. Cylinder 7. Currently at the dealer waiting for approval from Holden to replace all 8 but they believe they will only get approval to replace the one. They also charge a non refundable $150 diagnostic fee at my local dealer. So if I need to go through this 8 times it is going to cost me over a $1k anyway which i will find hard to stomach. I'll find out today if I get all 8 covered. Car is a 2015 VF2 Calais wagon out of warranty with only 42000km on the clock.
That's BS. They should not charge $150. They know very well what it is. Cnuts !

Kakodaemon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV REDLINE
Happened to mine the other night. Cylinder 7. Currently at the dealer waiting for approval from Holden to replace all 8 but they believe they will only get approval to replace the one. They also charge a non refundable $150 diagnostic fee at my local dealer. So if I need to go through this 8 times it is going to cost me over a $1k anyway which i will find hard to stomach. I'll find out today if I get all 8 covered. Car is a 2015 VF2 Calais wagon out of warranty with only 42000km on the clock.

That's not right at all they can't do that!
Go through this thread and look at skylarking and other peoples posts regarding Holdens legal obligations with injector failures.
Don't take it lying down, get fired up and prepare for a fight! You have every right to do so.
All 8 injectors replaced and a full refund of your diagnostic fee should be demanded.

Cossack WN

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
ok, rang Peter Page Holden, and car will be towed to them today. they'll do their scan etc and let me know the outcome. my expectations, 8 x injectors fitted at no charge

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The dealer are asshats to charge you a diagnostics fee when they are fully aware of the defect. But even if they do charge a diagnostics fee, it must be refunded as Holden must carry the cost of this known defect under ACL.

Ask the dealer clearly when they’ll refund you the diagnostics fee you’ve paid and if they say they don’t refund (which I doubt), get on to HCC involved. I’m sure HCC will sort it out for you (and I’d be pushing for some freebei for the inconvenience of being stuffed around).

As a side note, in the US, if there is a recall, the recall notice goes as far as outlining how one can claim out of pocket costs spent on having this recall issue rectified or attempted to have it rectified, even if the costs were spent via 3rd party mechanics... such is not documented down under ACL follows the same principles. It’s just a little more stuffing about as Holden hasn’t define such processes down under like what GM has done in the US.

Dophlet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais Wagon 6.2L
Just heard back. Holden are covering all 8 under warranty. The $150 fee still stands though. Guess I can have 'that' discussion when I pick it up tomorrow. Is there any way to know for sure all 8 have been done?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Just heard back. Holden are covering all 8 under warranty. The $150 fee still stands though. Guess I can have 'that' discussion when I pick it up tomorrow. Is there any way to know for sure all 8 have been done?
They should look shiny and new

Cossack WN

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
quoted $85 for my diagnostics fee.
Peter Page rang back today, but won't tell me the issue.
said " they are awaiting feedback from Holdens "

Dophlet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais Wagon 6.2L
Quick update. When I picked it up the dealer waived the diagnostic fee. So all 8 replaced under "goodwill" warranty. Very happy to have it sorted. Have had my car serviced there since I bought it from them so I'm glad they looked after it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Quick update. When I picked it up the dealer waived the diagnostic fee. So all 8 replaced under "goodwill" warranty. Very happy to have it sorted. Have had my car serviced there since I bought it from them so I'm glad they looked after it.
That's great.
What a load of bs with "goodwill".
Fixing a known issue that is no doubt covered under ACL has nothing to do with good will. It's legal requirement...