Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel injector failure

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
2015 SSV VFII. Purchased new - well out of warranty now. Went to the rough idle over the weekend with engine and ESP lights on and then into service this morning. Injector failure - advised to replace all eight. All done by 10:30AM. Not bad, except no mention of any know issues with LS3 injectors. Paid retail for the lot.
Get home and find this thread. Urrrgh!
Upside is the car runs great and downtime was negligible. Downside is now the follow up..... We'll see how we go.

Can you list the replacement injector part# from the invoice ?

RKMN666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive S2
Hi guys, I searched here and elsewhere but didn't find much if any information regarding this.

I have a May 2015 series 1 SSV, and had an injector fail back in June this year (got the 'flashing engine' warning light along with the 'service ESP' warning light, with the engine misfiring). Injector for cylinder #8 was tested by Holden dealer and found injector resistance to be too high. So I thought, well, a one off.

Last week I had another one go in the same fashion. The dealer spoke to Holden head office (as the car is out of warranty) about replacing the remaining 7, and to my surprise they are picking up the tab to replace them all. Apparently this same dealer had another VF in recently and he is up to injector number 5. I am however having to wait 2 to 3 weeks because injectors are on back order, made by Seimens and have to come from Germany??? (well, that's what they told me).

According to the dealer, it seems when my engine was built I must have had a "bad batch" of injectors installed onto it. So I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced injector failure, as there hasn't been any posts on here about it?

I don't know a lot about car electricals, so additionally I am wondering if it is what the dealer has told me and in fact correct and I just got a "bad batch", or could there be another issue with the engine causing the injectors to fail? The car has done 55 000km.

RKMN666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive S2
Hi, I think that noting have to do to fixing the Car. You bay the all 6 or 8 injectors for the car( ebay will do, get compatible one for Holden Commodore will cost You about 100 or 120$) and get someone to change them all, and try to start the car. If this do not work You have to find good mechanist and electrician man to chek the electrisity or what ever. Also check the alternator. You do not spend the time with bad mechanist. Changing the injectors one by one will cost You with the time like all now car.

SSV_2015

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 SSV
So we sent a message to Holden Customer care and didn't receive a response. Ended up phoning them and they said they couldn't do a refund because we didn't ask for it before the repair was done (I couldn't follow the logic at all with that). Back to the the dealer who did the repair in the first place. Presented the car. They asked for and checked the log books - car has always been serviced at Holden - and said they'd get back to us. Two hours later, they phoned and offered us a full refund, which we now have.

Thanks to all those who have posted here. It has helped tremendously with understanding the issue and presenting our case.

Let's hope the new injectors are indeed good for the lifetime of the vehicle. I'd certainly like to keep it for a long time!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
So we sent a message to Holden Customer care and didn't receive a response. Ended up phoning them and they said they couldn't do a refund because we didn't ask for it before the repair was done (I couldn't follow the logic at all with that). Back to the the dealer who did the repair in the first place. Presented the car. They asked for and checked the log books - car has always been serviced at Holden - and said they'd get back to us. Two hours later, they phoned and offered us a full refund, which we now have.

Thanks to all those who have posted here. It has helped tremendously with understanding the issue and presenting our case.

Let's hope the new injectors are indeed good for the lifetime of the vehicle. I'd certainly like to keep it for a long time!

That's great outcome. I like to run Liqui Moly petrol system cleaner at every service. I found this is the only thing that makes noticeable difference. Been using it for years on all cars.

RKMN666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive S2
Hi,Great to get refund. Check the sensors and fuses also with Electrician, Also life time of Your Car battery.

Kitchenguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII 5.7L
Mine is a VF II SS. Built early 2017, first injector failed Dec 20 - right before a country trip home to Albany for Christmas. They replaced it. Second one just gone today. I noticed this is two years or so after the last post. Must be another bad batch?

SSV_2015

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 SSV
Get them to replace all eight or you'll be back soon enough. No reason they shouldn't.