Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel injectors

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
hi there everyone.. If i sprayed engine degreaser around the fuel injectors where they sit in the manifold would it affect them in anyway i need to get the motor clean as much as possible,i am going to show it off at a car show any thoughts would be great?

Attachments

• robs car 006.jpg
    robs car 006.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 277

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
if you do that make sure you run the engine after you have washed it to remove any water traps

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
And make sure the degreaser you use is solvent based - if you use a caustic based degreaser (like 5 star) you will etch any alloy plus cause paint to fade. The stuff from SuperCheap in the spray cans ($2.09) is solvent based. Don't use a gerny either as it has too much pressure, just a garden hose is OK. Also do not degrease a hot or warm engine as it can leave stains behind. Finally don't leave it on for more than a few seconds.

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
:beer chug::beer chug:cool man,thanks for the reply,hope it comes up alot cleaner than it is at the moment,cheers

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I believe the main reason for doing the engine while cold is that washing a warm/hot engine can cause condensation to form in electrical components/plugs/switches, etc.

go fast

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve ss 6.0 litre
i have brought some degreaser and going to start cleaning motor,just need to know,should i cover the coil and distributor to be safe or should it be ok as the water runs off the manifold might go over the coil and the distributor, P.S just checking

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd personally cover both - you can clean them separately later with a small brush.

clubby260

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy clubsport
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can help me out I have a vr commodore auto 94 model and am having problems starting it, Ive had the injectors properly cleaned and fuel filter cleaned today and it is still doing the same thing I thought it would be the injectors so I spent $320 to have them cleaned and it hasn't made a differance! if anyone knows anything or can help me out it would be greatly appreciated???
Cheers TJ

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Is your only issue with cranking over? If so then it sounds like a starter motor issue.

immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
could be ignition. could be the battery or the connections. could also be a fuel pressure issue