Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel issue on steep decline driveway?

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Well I’m back..
Seems like the battery fixed the issue for a little while but it’s back to doing it again!

Seeing as though it’s no longer the battery, I still definitely think it’s a fuel issue. Same factors as last time, only happens on my steep decline driveway and the fuel is below 1/2. Happens with both remote start and key in ignition.

Would they give me my money back for the battery considering it hasn’t resolved the issue? I think this point on they’ll find somethin else wrong with the car and just keep replacing things (at my expense) until the issue stops.

I don’t have any videos of it happening either (yet). Just frustrated that I paid nearly $400 for a problem that was fixed for about 2 weeks. I mean they said it stopped logging codes with the new battery, so I wonder if there are codes being logged now?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Bummed to hear that.

From all accounts your old battery was the wrong size, or not able to push out the required CCA, or have the needed reserve capacity. So it’s good to have changed it. I’m surprised it would be a $400 cost.

Best you could Hope is for some more diagnostics at the dealers expense since they haven’t solved the problem but the battery is yours.

Sadly, some dealers aren’t too unhappy to slowly replace all parts in your vehicle over time througnpoor diagnosis :eek: Don’t accept such behaviour as they should be the experts and be able to efficiently fault diagnose. If they can’t isolate the fault, they should get some experts from Holden to look into the issue who may provide some data logging equipment to hopefully capture the problem starts if the iron board diagnostics doesn’t.

Good luck.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Bummed to hear that.

From all accounts your old battery was the wrong size, or not able to push out the required CCA, or have the needed reserve capacity. So it’s good to have changed it. I’m surprised it would be a $400 cost.

Best you could Hope is for some more diagnostics at the dealers expense since they haven’t solved the problem but the battery is yours.

Sadly, some dealers aren’t too unhappy to slowly replace all parts in your vehicle over time througnpoor diagnosis :eek: Don’t accept such behaviour as they should be the experts and be able to efficiently fault diagnose. If they can’t isolate the fault, they should get some experts from Holden to look into the issue who may provide some data logging equipment to hopefully capture the problem starts if the iron board diagnostics doesn’t.

Good luck.
Yeah and I’ll probably be one of the ones to get caught out having every part replaced... I’m still stumped to why it only happens when it’s on the decline of my driveway.

I was able to record a rattle it makes (which I’ve always stopped the video short of it making it), what do you think it sounds like? It happens with the key too.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
That sound very mechanical and as others said, it could be the starter motor not withdrawing quickly and cleanly.

Is there an access hatch to check the ring gear on these LS3’s? Maybe you’d see some gear damage which would indicate starter motor (solenoid?) issues. Or is the starter easy to remove from the car and check it out of on the bench?

rognvald261

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
That sound very mechanical and as others said, it could be the starter motor not withdrawing quickly and cleanly.

Is there an access hatch to check the ring gear on these LS3’s? Maybe you’d see some gear damage which would indicate starter motor (solenoid?) issues. Or is the starter easy to remove from the car and check it out of on the bench?
Yes there is a wee portal diameter of coke can plug at bottom dead of trans bell housing.
Starter is a PITA to access and remove.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

I think he has a LFX in his car

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Got word back from Holden, they want to keep it overnight as they couldn't replicate the issue. They said they might suspect oil pressure... sound right or not?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suppose it could be the cam chain tensioner o_O but if it’s very low oil pressure on start up due to oil pump problem, one has to then question how much damage has been done and where :eek:

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Suppose it could be the cam chain tensioner o_O but if it’s very low oil pressure on start up due to oil pump problem, one has to then question how much damage has been done and where :eek:
Not good... got a call from them again today - it still isn't producing the issue to them so they want to keep it overnight again :(