Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel leak

pieman18

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
Hey guys

I’ve just noticed my fuel tank has sprung a leak!

It’s never happened since I’ve owned it and I drive the car semi-regularly, and it’s not something that could’ve been happening slowly over a long period of time as it’s always parked in my garage and now my whole house smells like 98

Here’s a photo of where its leaking

0AC7449E-D3C6-471F-9210-7B387A4C6D71.jpeg

I check the hose clamp, which was loose, but it hasn’t solved the problem at all, if anything, it’s a little worse

Is there any rubbers or seals that could’ve perished over some time and right now it’s chosen to start leaking all over my recently cleaned garage?

Any help greatly appreciated
Ps I don’t mind getting petrol on myself if it’s gonna help me solve my issue

Cheers gents

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Sure its not the hoses?
their is a rubber behind the sender have you had the sender out recently looks like your taking it out now weather or not its worth tanking the whole tank out to check for holes is up to you. One of the major reasons I got rid of my vk I couldn't get a good tank and got sick of changing them was sitting on a time bomb with the last rusty tank I put in mine

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Give it a good wipe down & clean...make sure all dry + visible.

Then check if possible leaking from hoses or o ring underneath sender unit flange plate.

Most likely from pipe going through sender plate has cracked solder