Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel leaking from rear of car.

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Hi pples

Just filled her up .... right up .. to the point of fuel spilling out. Put the fuel cap back on ... went to go and pay for fuel, but noticed there was fuel coming out (like a slowly turned on tap) directly underneath the fuel cap ... down and under the rear bumper. Stuck my head under to try n see what the hell was going on ... felt under there and discovered there's a small fuel hose just hanging there. Couldn't do much there at the fuel station so slowly drove it home. By the time i got it home the fuel had stopped leaking. What could this be? Is there such a thing as an overflow fuel hose ... i was hoping it would be something like this .. as when i drove the car home, it ran fine. Thanks in advance :)

WiLo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
you overfilled the tank, and have more then likely let fuel get to the level of the breasther hose which is the small hose you have found,

moral of the story: dont fill your tank so much, hot tank with no room for expansion is bad mmmkkaayyyy

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
no breather hose should have one end hanging off. if the hose has just fallen off, re-fit it - easy done
but if the hose has deteriorated, chances are all breathers are stuffed (6 in total). cheap to buy, easy to fix, but make sure your tank is empty coz you have to drop it out