Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel level.

Lee 2411

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy storm
I have vy series 1 ute but upgraded cluster and fuel pump to series 2. I have it calerbrated to suit in car but i fuel up and it goes to full but after about an hour of driving it drops to 3/4 of a tank. And yesterday i fuel up and gauge never moved from 1/2 a tank where it was when i fueled up.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I have vy series 1 ute but upgraded cluster and fuel pump to series 2. I have it calerbrated to suit in car but i fuel up and it goes to full but after about an hour of driving it drops to 3/4 of a tank. And yesterday i fuel up and gauge never moved from 1/2 a tank where it was when i fueled up.

When you say fuel pump... do you mean the full fuel sender?

Did you get a fuel sender to suit your ute? Was it a genuine unit.. or an aftermarket unit? Iv had alot of calls about people having issues with their fuel gauge reading after fitting a replacement aftermarket fuel sender

Lee 2411

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy storm
I replaced whole fuel module in tank with after market series 2 for ute and higgins performance calibrated cluster to car

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Iv had alot of calls about people having issues with their fuel gauge reading after fitting a replacement aftermarket fuel sender
yep we see the same, the aftermarket ones have the same full/empty but the in between is different and more so the last 1/4 before empty is barley existent, we always say stick to genuine

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
yep we see the same, the aftermarket ones have the same full/empty but the in between is different and more so the last 1/4 before empty is barley existent, we always say stick to genuine
The few that I have looked at, the contact lever along the resistor ladder was not actually touching. And another had a really dodgy resistor ladder which caused the weird values to occur.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
The few that I have looked at, the contact lever along the resistor ladder was not actually touching. And another had a really dodgy resistor ladder which caused the weird values to occur.
i havnt seen any that bad yet usually our complaint is they get to about 1/4 then basicly its on empty and they need to fuel up, we ended testing some once removed and empty is empty but that first step or two in resistance is about 1/4 on gauge, i got annoyed with the reading in my VE always stays in the top half more then bottom half goes quicker so i changed the scaling its pretty much linear now... things u do only because u can :rolleyes: