Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel lines

Big-Phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
Quick question guys have to swap out a fuel pump in my vx question is do i need any special tools to remove the fuel lines from the fuel pump.

Lunati

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 CV8- 2007 VE Calais
No you don't, but they may be a bit tricky to get off. I always spray them with brake cleaner, or at least a good clean with a cloth, push the fitting on then while squeezing the centre of the fitting, twist and pop it off. Some come off easy, and some ive had to grip with long nose pliers. I actually have to do one tomorrow, i'll take some pics and put them up if it helps.

Big-Phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx berlina
First time doing this so a few photos would be great thanks

Lunati

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 CV8- 2007 VE Calais
will do... watch this space... :)

Lunati

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 CV8- 2007 VE Calais
OK,
Pump changed out today. I replaced the whole assembly as i think the pressure reg was leaking. Low pump pressure (25psi) and not holding when ignition off.

Put a stand under the tank, remove the straps, and lower down to access the lines.

614.jpg

After a bit of a clean, unplug the wiring, then the three hard plastic lines keeping them in order (fuel out, return and vapor)
I push the lines home, grip the centers, and twist back and forth while pulling. If it doesnt work, its pliers time.

Then its just a matter of the swap over.
I always replace the fuel filter as well. Check out the colour of the fuel that came out of it. There is half the problem.
When finished, you should have between 40 and 50psi.614.jpg 617.jpg 618.jpg

619.jpg 620.jpg 613.jpg