Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pressure regulator issue..

dylanfh

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP 5.0 V8
Was wandering the other day why the vacuum hose on my fuel pressure regulator was blocked off so i unblocked it and put it back together so the vacuum worked,then found the car was really hard to start,it wouldnt start without me touching the accelerator so now ive blocked it off again,does this mean that my fuel pressure regulator is stuffed?.or is the problem elsewhere?.its on a v6 VR.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its probably flowing fuel out the vacuam hose from a hole in the diaphram making it run rich. it will be making the car run lean at full throttle without it plugged in best to replace it.

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
I have read that some have issues with the diaphragm rupturing in the regulator allowing fuel to be sucked in via the vacuum line. This may be the case and someone blocked the hose instead of replacing the regulator.

Beat me to it.

dylanfh

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VP 5.0 V8
Thanks,so should i unblock the vacuum hose for a brief second while the cars running and see if any fuel comes out?.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip if fuel comes out when the fuel pump is running shes stuffed