Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pressure regulator

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Hi All, I just pulled the short vacuum hose off that operates the fuel pressure regulator and gave it a sniff. Definitely smelled of petrol. I think this means the regulator vellum is stuffed. Maybe it also explains why the fuel pump seems to run on for a while after the ignition is switched off and why my economy isn't much better despite recently having the injectors properly serviced.
Checked on ebay and found Bosch and Fuelmiser. Both pretty expensive but Bosch a little more so. Which should I get?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bosch is OEM, Fuel Miser is usually a rebranded different make. Not sure who make fuel miser regs though.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Try Bebco Auto Parts it's run by Dr Terry if you know who that is...usually gives decent price & doesn't like junk brands to sell.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
If Bosch was OEM on your vehicle I'd go Bosch. With engine control components I find copies might look the same but they don't work- cause codes to be thrown etc.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Ok, thanks guys. I think I'll go the Bosch

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
So my Bosch fuel regulator arrived today and it doesn't include a new O-ring. Can you believe it? The Gregory's says to use a new one and I couldn't conceive of using the old one on the fuel system. What a bugger. Not sure where to get one locally. Are all O-rings the same - apart from different diameters of course. It's quite a wide channel in the regulator so it looks like it might be fairly substantial. Not your average hose connector O-ring!

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
A lot of places have O-rings but they probably don't fit a VP. It's a 10mm inside diameter but the channel is 4.25mm wide so a normal shaped O-ring won't be right. Holden sell them for $40 each! I'm waiting to hear back from the mob that sold me the regulator.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
The supplier I got the regulator from does not sell the O-ring

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
think you might have to visit some part stores surely somebody have that size oring, less you have a regulator us poor old vs v6 owners can t even get that