Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel prices...WTF?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I read somewhere that diesel somewhere in NT was about 3.50 per litre........not that I want or need to use that smelly poison stuff.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I read somewhere that diesel somewhere in NT was about 3.50 per litre........not that I want or need to use that smelly poison stuff.

did it have anything to do with some place near Uluru? cant think of the name of it though.
apparently there is a servo out there, and to go to some park area its pretty much a full tank round trip.
and you don't have any other choice either.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Just work out what it costs for a litre of bottled water and then thank christ your engine doesn't run on the stuff.

I lol when people use that as a comparison, the big difference? You aren't buying 40+ litres of the stuff at a time at the price of a bottle.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I lol when people use that as a comparison, the big difference? You aren't buying 40+ litres of the stuff at a time at the price of a bottle.

No, imagine what they would charge if you did purchase it in those kind of quantities for automotive use.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can get a 24 pack of 600ml bottles for $9 at Coles. That's 62.5 cpl.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Damn thats cheap! Last time anything this way was around that price it was back in 2005!

BP and shell were around $1.44

price of fuel will get to $2 a litre. just remember it when its this price, it will be bittersweet.

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Do the wages/prices of other things (groceries etc) accomodate to suit? Also, i thought the NZD was always higher than the AUSD anyway?

Still f$#@ed though that you have to pay that much!

Wages in NZ crap when compared to Aussie which is why so many Kiwis move to Aus. The Aussie dollar is worth about 20 cents more than the Kiwi i think though the Kiwi is about on par with the Yanky dollar now.