Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel prices...WTF?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
There's a few servos in canberra that I've noticed are usually up to 10c per L dearer than others because they are the only one in the area. The biggest culprits are Gold Creek Woolworths and the servo (I forget the brand) in Mitchell.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
For those in Brisbane there is a "handy" Shell servo on the Ipswich motorway at Archerfield (think it's a truck stop), they generally put their prices up about 24 hours before anyone else - I drive past in the arvo and if I see a price hike I just go to my local and get the cheap price on the way home, missing the price hike.

Works probably 9 times out of 10 :)

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The areas around Newcastle are an education in fuel price variation.

At Edgeworth, a western suburb of Newie, fuel is currently around 163.7 for 91 RON. At Kurri Kurri, about 20 k's further west, the dearest is 154.9, the cheapest 151.9 for E10. At Weston, two k's further west, 149.9 for E10. Finally, at Cessnock, a further ten k's or so, 143.7 for E10. That's a hell of a variation over about 25k's.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
http://m.mynrma.com.au/motoring/car-care/fuel-prices.htm

Twould be nice if the government wasn't charging us 50c a litre.

The Woolworths/caltex down the road from my house is just about always cheaper by around 20c compared to fuel ~20kms down the road.
I filled up the other day and the code scanner wasn't working and a few numbers had scratched of my woolworths card.
He saidl "I'll give you the four cents off anyway". So they can give a discount with out scanning anything.

Anyone know somebody thats works at a woolworths/caltex fuel station? Do you get a discount every time you fill?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
I still can't understand why there are so many price fluctuations between areas?
And i dont see how different areas should cost more or less depending on "discounting cycles" It should be the same nationwide OR very similar with a few cents (~5c) difference

Cant blame transport cost, because at the end of the day, we are still getting charged ~50c more / Ltr and getting ripped off every time we fill up.
Though, of course, there's nothing we can do about it apart from just deal with it and pay it if we want our cars to run.

Once again, the government tax us stupidly for no reason whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm with me that Australia is THE MOST taxed nation in the world?

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
The areas around Newcastle are an education in fuel price variation.

At Edgeworth, a western suburb of Newie, fuel is currently around 163.7 for 91 RON. At Kurri Kurri, about 20 k's further west, the dearest is 154.9, the cheapest 151.9 for E10. At Weston, two k's further west, 149.9 for E10. Finally, at Cessnock, a further ten k's or so, 143.7 for E10. That's a hell of a variation over about 25k's.

This. There is no reason for that bigger price fluctuation within such a relatively small distance of travel.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Can anyone confirm with me that Australia is THE MOST taxed nation in the world?

Do you drive on the roads?

And no Australia is not the most taxed nation on earth. Sweden is.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Big brother watching.
You had a docket so you got away with it..
They would get the sack if they are giving away discounts to anybody.
And no one would come on here and say Jim from so & so woolworths give me a discount WTF.

I didnt have a docket i had a card and the card wasnt used. Do you think at the end of the day/week the manger is going to check if the discount given was for any particular reason?
I wasn't asking, nor expecting someone to post a name and the petrol station they got the discount. That is pretty obvious and a bit silly to think I was asking for that kind of information.
Someone could easily say I know someone who gets such and such discount because he knows a guy...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
OK you have a point I apologise.