Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel prices...WTF?

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
Anyone know somebody thats works at a woolworths/caltex fuel station? Do you get a discount every time you fill?

My mate works at a Shell servo, occasionally he will give us a couple of unused specials for a 4c discount, but those are given to him by the owner and he is permitted to give them to friends/family. but it is also rare that he gets them.

I used to watch the cycle and fill up on cheap days, now in my work hack i just fill up when it's empty and in the Caprice if i can get it cheap i will otherwise fill it when it's needed!.

Also rarely will i use a docket.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Filled up at the United servo on Stud road this morning for $1.45 , drove past the same servo on the way home $1.59 .

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
early in this thread, there mention of prices of fuel in N.T.
Last week some people were grizzling that diesel was $3.66 per litre at Port Keats - on the west coast of the N.T., supplied by barge from Darwin.
The road to PK includes 180 km of goat track, that is only open for five months of each year.
PK doesn't have petrol, only diesel - for social reasons (sniffers).
91.RON was $1.68 in Darwin today.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Massive thread dig but not worth starting a new thread for the same thing.

anyway WTF is with fuel prices around Brisbane? $1.99 a litre for 98 and $1.76 for the “cheap” unleaded.
I’m thinking an electric car we’ll be making it in to my garage sooner rather then later.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ electric cars won’t be the saving grace, money wise, as people hope. Governments will look at recouping diminishing fuel excise from these ‘environmental motorists’ (an oxymoron if ever there was one).

Such rot has already started in the USofA according the these articles:

States hit electric vehicle owners with high fees, Consumer Reports says

States increase electric-car charges to offset lost gas taxes earmarked for infrastructure

Likely it will become worse down under, sooner or later :oops:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Massive thread dig but not worth starting a new thread for the same thing.

anyway WTF is with fuel prices around Brisbane? $1.99 a litre for 98 and $1.76 for the “cheap” unleaded.
I’m thinking an electric car we’ll be making it in to my garage sooner rather then later.

They are blaming a little thing called middle east instability.....I call it profiteering.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
They are blaming a little thing called middle east instability.....I call it profiteering.
They charge so much for fuel...................................because they can. Whose going to stop them? ACCC toothless kitten.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I filled up at the United on Stud road yesterday for $ 139.9 . Went back and got wifes and daughter's car and filled them both .

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I filled up at the United on Stud road yesterday for $ 139.9 . Went back and got wifes and daughter's car and filled them both .

Its odd, prices are all over the place in Melb. I've driven past a 130.9 and a 17x for regular on my way to work today.
Seems to be coming down though