Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel prices...WTF?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
Just work out what it costs for a litre of bottled water and then thank christ your engine doesn't run on the stuff.

99c for a 1 litre at Pac n save, I want that price for my fuel!

BTW, it is not that the fuel is more expensive at some places, it is that it is less discounted by the petrol companies via rebates.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
BTW, it is not that the fuel is more expensive at some places, it is that it is less discounted by the petrol companies via rebates.

The thing with these discounts you get from the supermarkets, you may get the fuel cheaper @ the bowser but I'm sure they make that back by slightly increasing the margins on the products in the store.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Isn't your car stock? Slap 91 in it and drive.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
71 cents for LPG.

Not happy? Convert. Or walk. ;)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
United at Ourimbah and North Wyong on the Highway are always good Nd the deviation down to West Gosford Caltex twins on either side of the road is good value if not for the cane back up the mountain.
United is opening another two in greater Newcastle.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
99c for a 1 litre at Pac n save, I want that price for my fuel!

Not what I was referring to, I was mentioning the way pricing fluctuations work/worked in Aussie. Fuel is sold to the petrol station at a flat rate, they put their 1-2c on and sell it, if there is competition they call the petrol companies and ask permission to drop the price to match local competiton and get this back in the form of a rebate.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The thing with these discounts you get from the supermarkets, you may get the fuel cheaper @ the bowser but I'm sure they make that back by slightly increasing the margins on the products in the store.

I think shopper dockets are a con if you rely on getting your fuel at Shell and Caltex - their pre-discounted price is a few cents higher than other brands in the same area. It's generally not hard to find other local independent or BP stations selling fuel cheaper than the Shell/Caltex stations. The dockets are good though, when the other stations accept the dockets and their prices are already lower than the s/d discounted price.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
You guys shouldn't complain. 95Ron fuel was $2.18 when I filled up yesterday and we don't get these fuel price cycles either, it's always expensive....

I hear that^^^ 95 hasnt been below $2.10 here in 2 years, its normally about $2.15 when I fill up.