Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel problem

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
You sure it's fuel? Might be time to go back to basics and check for spark.
What's with the av gas? :whistling Does that make it go again straight away, or you still have to wait?

prjacksonau

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
fuel

i spray a bit of avgas up the airintake and it fires up straight away - thats what make me think its a fuel problem

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
Have never seen one, but someone told me there is gadget you can get which plugs into the injector wiring connector, which flashes an LED light when a signal is getting to the injectors. Apparently cheap, can be found in auto parts joints. Would at least tell you if injectors are firing, but won't tell you if they are getting fuel.

kiwi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Have never seen one, but someone told me there is gadget you can get which plugs into the injector wiring connector, which flashes an LED light when a signal is getting to the injectors. Apparently cheap, can be found in auto parts joints. Would at least tell you if injectors are firing, but won't tell you if they are getting fuel.

Yeh they're called Noid lights. get em from Repco and the like. Theres two types of pins on them. Square and round. 5.0's use the square ones.

kiwi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
When it cuts out, does it cough and splutter, or just stop. Have you checked for any fault codes?