Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump Dead After 3 Months

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
I replaced my fuel pump around 3 months ago, the intake jobbie (what a task!) and it has already stopped working. I run Duel Fuel 90% of the time running on LPG, but the car requires the fuel pump for initial starting and for when I like to run a tank through the engine. Now to start the car I have to disconnect the vac hose off the throttle body, squirt in some fuel and then presto it starts. Unless the car is warm, then it will start on LPG everytime. But from a cold start up, LPG just doesnt start it.

As you can imagine, this is a pain in the ar*e!! Anyone else have wiring issues with fuel pumps? Its not the fuse or connections at the fuse box, that was the first thing I checked.

Any help is always appriciated.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
First I'd check that the pump is actually getting power....or try running a hot lead to it and see if it runs.

Lost_Pete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
It can happen, I went through 4 fuel pumps in 12 months. Original died after many years. A mate got me a trade special which worked for 1 day. Its trade special warranty replacement lasted 1 year and then I bought a brand name quality pump which is still running 5 years later.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
have a read here >>> http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...1993-1997/119026-fuel-pump-possibly-dead.html
I replaced my fuel pump around 3 months ago, the intake jobbie (what a task!) and it has already stopped working. I run Duel Fuel 90% of the time running on LPG, but the car requires the fuel pump for initial starting and for when I like to run a tank through the engine. Now to start the car I have to disconnect the vac hose off the throttle body, squirt in some fuel and then presto it starts. Unless the car is warm, then it will start on LPG everytime. But from a cold start up, LPG just doesnt start it.

As you can imagine, this is a pain in the ar*e!! Anyone else have wiring issues with fuel pumps? Its not the fuse or connections at the fuse box, that was the first thing I checked.

Any help is always appriciated.

crumpledoor#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 1997 BT1 5.0
Cheers justbad, I will check it out tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed its one of those things, i dont want to do another fuel pump change!!

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Cheers justbad, I will check it out tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed its one of those things, i dont want to do another fuel pump change!!

CHEERS mate and lets hope its a low in the $ stakes ,best of luck