Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pump failures after motor out

bsb84

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L vs ute
in december i drove my ute into the shed, pulled the motor n box out and put a 5 speed and the motor back in, after all the codes, new ignition module, coil and dizzy, wouldnt start and wouldnt clear error code 46. got a mobile mechanic to have a look and after awhile he threw the pressure gauge on the fuel line and found no pressure, replaced the pump and she was good. last saturday, i pulled the motor out to change the clutch, put it back in, wouldnt start, threw up code for the hall effect sensor again so went and got another new dizzy, put it in, nothing, cleared codes, checked em again and 46. been over the wiring, seems all g, decided to pull the fuel line and no fuel, so guessing pump again, if it is just the pump, does anyone have any idea why pulling the motor out would stuff the fuel pump

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Fuel pumps don't seem to like stale petrol. Although 4 months seems a bit short to stuff it up.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Make sure you use oem or walbro pump not a cheap ebay thing

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
My vr was off the road for 3 months and pump was fine.
Although it couldn't keep up with the power of the new engine so got replaced anyway.
Did you replace with new or second hand.