Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump Faulty?

Koza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Hey all, Just sort of confirming what im thinking. I took my car out this morning after it had been sitting there for about 3-4 months and i drove down the road then turned around to come back (as it was just to test the car) and it stalled on me, when i tried to restart it just kept dry cranking and then slightly turning over but not being able to support any acceleration and then stalling again. The tank had under a 1/4 petrol left in it but when i put more in it worked fine. Does this mean that one of my fuel pumps is a little faulty? or would it be something else like old petrol?

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
Hey all, Just sort of confirming what im thinking. I took my car out this morning after it had been sitting there for about 3-4 months and i drove down the road then turned around to come back (as it was just to test the car) and it stalled on me, when i tried to restart it just kept dry cranking and then slightly turning over but not being able to support any acceleration and then stalling again. The tank had under a 1/4 petrol left in it but when i put more in it worked fine. Does this mean that one of my fuel pumps is a little faulty? or would it be something else like old petrol?

Try putting some injector cleaner in it...
I recently put my vs on gas and haven't been . Running it on petrol much. The other day when I tried to run it on petrol, it did exactly what you described. I put some new fuel in there and put a whole bottle of injector cleaner (yes a whole bottle) Runs fine now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Sounds like an old petrol issue for sure.

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
Sounds like an old petrol issue for sure.

Possibly scooped up some dirt too lol since it was less than 1/4 full

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Try putting some injector cleaner in it...
I recently put my vs on gas and haven't been . Running it on petrol much. The other day when I tried to run it on petrol, it did exactly what you described. I put some new fuel in there and put a whole bottle of injector cleaner (yes a whole bottle) Runs fine now.

My SS is duel fuel and I use BP ultimate for when it gets run on petrol, which is usually on the way to fill up on gas, always try to keep at least a quarter of a tank in there