Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pump fuse

vrss304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss commodore
hi everyone, this is my first post so thanx for havin me and bare with me here, i recently bought a vrss and love the car but the other day the engine cut out, nrma told me it was the fuel pump itself so we changed the pump because i had a spare one but when that didnt work we started looking else where and realised the fuse was blown, why he didnt check that i dont know? we put a new fuse in it and it just blew that one and now i cant stop getting it to blow fuses. if anyone has any ides on why this could be happening i would appreciate it, i know basically nothing about electrics so anything would help.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The only reason a fuse would keep blowing is due to a short in the wiring somewhere, anywhere. The only thing to do is to thouroughly check the wiring, starting around the fuel pump area. I might be wise to see an auto electrician I you don't really know what to look for.

Satanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3800 Drag Car
could be the oil sender blowing it in the vr thay do that so if you roll it blows but thay stuff up and blow that fuse

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
So it is the fuel pump fuse that is blown? Can you tell me exactly which one. The fuel system uses 3 fuses - Fuse 10, fuse 23 and fuse 25. Try swapping the EFI relay and fuel pump relay.

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
i'm having the exact same problem, but see when i disconnected my engine fan the car ran fine, i did about 20kms and reached my destination and it's still running, with heaters on full ball mind you, is the fan piggy-backed off the fuel pump wiring or something? what do i need to look at? cause i was not getting that mileage before i disconnected the fan i'd gone through 4 packets of fuses, but i needed to get here so...

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
found the problem, if you guys haven't, change your oil pressure switch, i found out that it was on the same circuit as the Fuel pump, and i the switch is gone it'll keep blowing fuel pump fuses

to_easy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
hi i have a vs and myne is doing the same thing and it has been for 5 days we also replaced the fuel pump but we had to buy ours and we have beed thru about $15 of fuses, is it the three wires into the clip next to the oil filter or is it the three wires above the main crank bearing????

baza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss 2003 auto sedan
fuel pump fuses

for " too easy " from newcastle , the oil pressure switch connector is the one near ya oil filter. the wireing connector behind big pulley on front of engine is for the crank angle sensor. anyway maybe you could just unclip the connector from the oil pressure switch for a quick temporary fix until you get a new pressure switch ,someone else might know if this will work for you good luck...

to_easy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
thanx "baza" we tried starting the thing with it unclipped and nothing! im gana need all the luck i can get....