Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump help!

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
hey does any one have a diagram on the vp executive fuel pump, mines stuffed, and we wanna take it off our selves first, jst to check it out b4 we get a new one.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
or just work it out as you go. isnt very hard.

89 calais

Munch,Munch V8'sfor lunch
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
In the front of the tank directly centre you will see where the pump goes in the tank,you won't need to pull the tank out either.If you pull it out and put power to the pump it should go,but if it's dead it's dead LOL

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
i cahnged the one in my car not long ago. it was a pain in the a$$. i thought that i could get to it with out dropping the tank. wrong. then once i got it out, the pump was hard to get out cos there is a hose that has crimp clamp on each end that attached to the bottom of the tank. couldn't take that off but the pump came out eventually with enough twisting. if you can get a mechanic to do it for you for a good price then do it. don't forget to drain the tank.

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
i wouldnt try testing them out of the tank, heard of a few people trying to test them and blowing themself up cos there are still fumes in the pump when its out of the tank, if the pump is a suspect just replace it, easy to replace, we do ours at work with tank still in the car, done a few with full tanks of fuel, and the to put the new pump is easy once you have a look at it on the bench, but yeah there is a lot of twisting to get it past the diff and stuff, gregory's definately