Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump issues ve r8 clubsport ls3

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Every year I go through a fuel pump . ve r8 2011 clubsport.always been under warranty as I get the same mechanic to fix it .this is fuel pump number 3 and almost lasted a year.any ideas what's going on. Any one have simular issue and is there a permanent fix as it's pissing me off.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Curious, how do you know when your fuel pumps fkd? Check Engine Light?

Ive only owned my e2 for near a year so far.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I've had a 2012 Built MY12.5 R8 and never had any fuel pump issues.

I would be getting the electricals to the pump checked for starters. Maybe too much juice coming in and it blows the pumps. Any mods on the car (like larger injectors) where it's pulling too much fuel and the pump is being starved?

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I've had a 2012 Built MY12.5 R8 and never had any fuel pump issues.

I would be getting the electricals to the pump checked for starters. Maybe too much juice coming in and it blows the pumps. Any mods on the car (like larger injectors) where it's pulling too much fuel and the pump is being starved?
Very strange it only happens once a year. Last time it was the regulator sorry. I've only had otr done and am sure electrical where checked.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I got nothing.

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
So just a check engine light? But does it also not start? Or does it have issues starting?

I have a mate who is getting intermittent starting issues, like it’s starved of fuel but eventually starts. We’re fhinking fuel pump. Was yours like this at all?

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
So just a check engine light? But does it also not start? Or does it have issues starting?

I have a mate who is getting intermittent starting issues, like it’s starved of fuel but eventually starts. We’re fhinking fuel pump. Was yours like this at all?
It turns over no sound from fuel pump.when you put the reds on.

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Could be electrical I've no idea until Wednesday coming ..as the mechanic I took it is booked till then .and is under warranty.

micko33

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Its at the shop now. Got new fuel module.going to check the loom between the pump and sender unit. If its no good its 80 bucks.then if all good. I need to take it to get tuned and replace the relay to minimise the cause. This guy that does dyno tuning says it could be a quick reprogram of the ecu unit as the pump probably overvolting in spurts which dose make sence and holden recommended the same thing there abouts. Will keep u posted of the outcome.

Last edited: