Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump Lifetime

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I don't know much about LPG but really, how much scale/crap is kicking around in a modern car's tank? Like I said, I've abused every fuel pump I've ever owned and never had one fail. Maybe I'm lucky.

There was another thread about fuel pumps on here where plenty of other guys also said they run there's low all the time and never had one fail.
LPG is the key here. You can run it with the same 1/4 tank for months at a time so it's constantly operating under poor conditions. With a petrol only vehicle, you run them low then fill the tank again.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You sure its the pump failing. I've read a lot of the ve's, its not actually the pump failing, but the wiring loom from within the tank.
One guy took his car to Holden. Four pumps later they discovered it was actually the loom inside of tank. This was over a period of time. May have been a year. Not sure.
i have heard this was an issue with the VS too.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
LPG is the key here. You can run it with the same 1/4 tank for months at a time so it's constantly operating under poor conditions. With a petrol only vehicle, you run them low then fill the tank again.

I’m still not sure why LPG changes anything. You’re only assuming they’re running a quarter of a tank at a time. And plenty of petrol-only drivers run continuously low tanks without pump issues. I still call bullshit on pumps failing due to low fuel levels (levels within reason).