Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pump no power

Discussion in 'Electrical Wiring / Questions' started by bedford72, Jul 25, 2006.

1. bedford72

bedford72 New Member

Members Ride:
    vs executive 95 v6
    found problem new question

Gday all
    found the problem the alarm is fried,traced the wire and ended up at the alarm and wires at the plug were burnt so i removed the alarm and the plug had melted to the pins on the alarm its a dynamco alarm so do i get the same upgrade or go for something else,also anyone have an idea why it melted as i have no clue any help would be greatly appericated

cheers john

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  2. markovr

markovr Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    94vr 5sp .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn ,88 vn 5sp
    If you dont get 12v to earth on the violet wire at the footwell connector but its leaving the relay it sounds like the wire or a lug is high resistance or a poor contact somewhere...have to check it for a good circuit with a multimeter and a long length of wire for the other return path to test.
    Had similar symptoms and it turned out to be the pump maybe its your problem especially if the car had done over 200k.
    Turned out to be the actually copper commutator was worn through where the brushes run against it inside motor breaking contact.
    Solution was to get another one ...had a drama getting everything to seal again without leaking and getting feed hose off but finally fixed it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006