Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump questions

bazinga

Gasfed304
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L Vn Calais
I have a vn calais 5litre on dual fuel but ever since i have owned it the fuel pump has not worked so i can only run the car on gas.Im thinking of getting the fuel pump fixed very soon just wanted to know the answers to these questions.

• Fuel pump expensive to get and fitted?what would be a good price for part and fitting so i know im not getting ripped off.
  • do the v8s have 1 or 2 fuel pumps and would it be wise to get both done?
  • the fuel has been sitting in the tank for a long time will i need to get it drained and any other things needed before running it on fuel again?

cheers.

Rowenb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
I don't have the right answer for you but invest in a gregories book to steer you in the right direction. You can't have a computer screen to give you a step by step guide while you're workin on your car.

tha goviner

Reaction score
pumps like 70 of ebay last time i got one, pritty simple to do just need a few hours and hand tools to get it done cheeper then any mechanic to do it, and yea ya do have to empty the fuel out cause its probably sludge by now and ots only one pump, and get the filter done as well

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
VN is two pump setup, I would replace both or get a VR/VS internal pump and you can run one.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
really didnt know that thought it was only one pump
I can take a photo if you really want? VN runs a low pressure internal pump to feed a high pressure external, VP onwards is a single high pressure internal.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I thought it was only the VN with the long range 85 litre fuel tank fitted that had the two fuel pumps.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I thought it was only the VN with the long range 85 litre fuel tank fitted that had the two fuel pumps.
The original poster has a 5lt, hence forth the long range tank. Mine is one of the last VN's from 91 and has the twin pump setup.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Wasnt the long range tank an option though?