Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump recommendation

Adrian Collins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn engine fitted in cf Bedford
Hi. So I am busy putting this vn commodore engine in my Bedford cf camper and I am starting to think about fuel. Petrol. Can anyone recommend a fuel pump that I can fit external to my tank and how best to hook it up. Cheers

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Bosch 044 or equivalent.
They come standard on the VL 6 cylinder

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Depends on your old Bedford tank, set up, how deep and the fitting section, probably easier just to remove your tank and fit a commodore tank, might need to make up brackets.

Adrian Collins

Reaction score
Members Ride
So what are the thoughts about fitting an external fuel pump? Or does it need to be an internal one?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Go for the external pump as it will be the easiest. You won't fit a Commodore tank anywhere under a Bedford.

Have a look on YouTube "The Skid Factory". They put a Barra turbo in a Bedford last year.
Not sure what episode, they did use the original tank and installed an internal pump.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Go for the external pump as it will be the easiest. You won't fit a Commodore tank anywhere under a Bedford.

Have a look on YouTube "The Skid Factory". They put a Barra turbo in a Bedford last year.
Not sure what episode, they did use the original tank and installed an internal pump.

Its episode 5 where they convert the bedford original fuel tank

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
So what are the thoughts about fitting an external fuel pump? Or does it need to be an internal one?
Using the vn pump that is standard to the vn engine your using is a no brainer and a good start.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Hi. So I am busy putting this vn commodore engine in my Bedford cf camper and I am starting to think about fuel. Petrol. Can anyone recommend a fuel pump that I can fit external to my tank and how best to hook it up. Cheers
Fuel system/tank/fuel pump/filter/pressure regulator type/s and what to use would depend on whether your going EFI or carby ???, you didn’t say which ???

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I don't see any problem with an external pump, provided it has good priming characteristics ie can suck fuel well or is mounted below the tank's minimum fuel level. On a Triumph TR6 I have Carter Universal priming pump feeding a high pressure Bosch 058. A lot of Bosch pumps are hopeless at priming.

Adrian Collins

Reaction score
Members Ride