Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel pump replacement

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman s2 & VY Acclaim Wagon
About to do a fuel pump replacement on VS Statesman.

I read somewhere about an internal hose in tank.....don't let it retract back into tank?

Can anyone enlighten me further, or have pics?

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
well just did fuel filter, and am high on fumes.....pump will have to wait until tomorrow!

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached files should be of assistance to you. However, in 2.3.10 it says "Pull quick connect back from fuel sender unit to release return line and allow return line to go back into fuel tank." DON'T DO IT. Just loop and tie a long piece of stout string over the end of the return line. You can then either secure the string on an external fitting, or push the return line back into the tank, but still secure the line externally.

Attachments

• 2.3 Fuel Gauge Tank Unit.pdf
    328.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 2.4 Fuel Pump.pdf
    170.6 KB · Views: 243

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride
The attached files should be of assistance to you. However, in 2.3.10 it says "Pull quick connect back from fuel sender unit to release return line and allow return line to go back into fuel tank." DON'T DO IT. Just loop and tie a long piece of stout string over the end of the return line. You can then either secure the string on an external fitting, or push the return line back into the tank, but still secure the line externally.

Cheers...yeah, saw someone attached cable ties to it to secure

Havabigjuan

Reaction score
Members Ride

Cheers...what a prick of a job the first time....someone had obviously replaced before as the hose was cut and a standard hose clamp on it...

I had to do the job twice, as the first time unbeknown to me, the power plug to the pump failed.....was pissed off when I got it all back together and pump was dead
pump pic.jpg

Second time was heaps easier....lol

Pump didn't completely fix my issues, as I also had a coil pack die simultaneously....damn

all running smooth again now though