Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump & Window Issue.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Hi All,

Driving last night and noticed that my power windows do not operate on all 4 doors.

Co-incidence or not, but after driving on LPG went to flick it to petrol (as I do every day) and does not run.

My thoughts were that it had done a fuse.

After checking this morning all the fuses with a test light I replaced one that was required only for the lighter.

Still can't get it working. The only fuses I can't check are the solid plastic square/steel fuses.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

:bang:

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
Update on what i have done to date.

Have changed many of the square fuses with another VR Statesman and still not working.

What is an issue right now is not working is the petrol, central locking & windows.

My bet is it has to be a fuse, but is there anywhere else that I should look?

I have checked the fuses under the steering wheel and under the bonnet.

Car starts on LPG and runs fine....

Appreciate any help or options....

Thanks

Jamie

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
swap the relays around. or there could be a problem with your bcm not controlling the windos or centrl locking. Have you done any other work recently?

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
I have tried swapping relays around with my other VR statesman to no avail.

No other work conducted, other than changing the spark plugs, which I have done dozens of times before.

What is the BCM and where is it located?

Thanks

Jamie

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
the bcm is the body control module. it is located near the steering column. it controls things like the power windows, locking, cruise control etc.
i would check if the petrol pump is getting power. I would also check that the fuse is getting power.
If only some of the windows are working it suggests that maybe your switches or motors are playing up. Have you tried the windows from each indiviual switch?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Dont even bother looking for the bcm, its not of any use to you. You really need a multimeter, bit of electrical know how and a manual for this one. Fuse is a great place to start, but if its not the fuse, you cant really bluff your way much further. This might be best left to someone who knows, sorry mate.

Onecontrolfreak

Reaction score
An update.......

Took it to an auto electrician today and they had trouble communicating with the BCM and the hand held analyser.

The fix was disconnecting the negative on the battery and off she went!!!!

This reset the BCM and Computer and all was good.

Not bad after being there for 1 hour, he only charged me $27!!!

Whilst there he checked out the entire system and everything is perfect!!!

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Jamie