Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump

V

vrmusicman

can anyone help i have recond motor overhauled trans and new injectors ,and still car is playing up still keeps stalling and running rough. new injectors seem to have fixed fuel comsumption problem
we are wondering what else can be done mechanic is stumped on what can be wrong debating weather to replace fuel pump although pressure is ok ,or weather to get new computer because all tests come up ok on mechanics diagnostic computer
bloody vr,can fuel pumps play up or do they just die.sometimes it runs perfect other days its a piece of **** stalling when your halfway around a roundabout or taking off at lights

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
friends vn fuel pump died a couple of times and had to be replaced but it never staled around corners or anything seems it worked fine untill you turned the car off then just wouldnt work anymore both times it went

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
did you just get the car back after it was reconditioned? if so this is their problem, technically. you need to convince them of that

stheggie

Reaction score
Sounds like a sensor or something to me,
My friend has a VR and she had similar problems. I think she replaced one of the sensors and everything is fine now.. Im sorry but i couldnt tell you which one!

Scott

G

grover

if its stalling,try cleaning the throttle body and the idle speed motor thingo in the throttle body.mine has been doing this recently.take it off and clean up with carby cleaner.should fix it.