Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Pump

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
My Statesman V8 has the problem of RH stalling and I have read on JC forum about the return hose not being connected.
So I removed the fuel pump and found that the Return Line is connected but by only a cable tie holding the fuel pump end. (The swirl pot end had a hose clamp fitted to it and is connected)

In the picture below is the Fuel Pump end. I removed the cable tie and removed the hose. I noticed an 'O' ring on the plastic 'Nozzle' and looked worn out. What 'O' Ring can I use for this. Is there supposed to be an 'O' Ring used here and what type of 'O' Ring should be used? Also could this be the cause of RH Stalling? if not what else could it be?
20130915_112128.jpg

Everything looks ok except the 'O' Ring. Is their somehow I can check the return line isn't blocked?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It looks to me like an old small piece of fuel hose thats been left on the nozzle, theyve probably cut the hose off when the pump was last replaced and left a piece of it on there.. Just clamp the return hose back on using a suitably sized fuel hose clamp..

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks, I thought maybe it was the a piece left by the hose and then I wondered why would there be an O ring that fuel can get to it.... So I'll put it back together but I'm still worried that it might not fix the problem of stalling on RH turns

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
I put it back together. Put petrol in it. Went for a drive. Seems ok but just gotta drive it so petrol goes low again to see if the stalling continues

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just an update.... I drove it around today, and the 'Humming' Noise is still there. I didn't expect the noise to go away. It's currently under halfway and had no more RH Stalling yet. But I'll wait until more fuel is being used.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alright so I have been driving it and refilled it a few times and the problem has been fixed..... The 'Humming' Noise has gone away and the stalling issue is no more. Just needed a clamp fitted.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
So my brother's VR commodore v6 fuel pump stopped working so I replaced it. . What I did find is he also had the return line fitted inside the tank but what I found when I removed the hose is it did have an 'o' ring fitted to it..

So there is an 'o' ring for it but didn't need it on mine as I used a proper clamp so it wouldn't leak through. This was just to let you know that there is an 'o' ring fitted to it