Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel pump

seanny01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE sv6 s1
Hey guys my sv6 series one has been sitting for around 4-5 months with little fuel now its dried out i think if i put fresh new fuel will that work instead of paying a machanic he said ya have to pull out tail shaft exhauste drop tank wich is very expensive anyone know a solution to my prob thanks holden fans

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Just put fuel in and see if it goes, just changed pump in sons Ve Berlina 12/09 done 220k pump died( hitting it from under Neath got it going a bit but pump dead. It's a big job but not to bad allow a day. It's a dual fuel do generally put 95 octane in it and tank was as clean as no sign of nastys.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I had to change mine earlier in the year, had to remove it twice, as the fuel pump I got from Repco wasn't compatible,
so I had to remove it for the second time a week later, and installed a Genuine Fuel Pump, and its been running perfectly since,
It was a mongrel of job the first time, took 8 hours,
But the second time it took 4 hours, as I knew what sequence to remove the hardware.
As per link below what I found that caused the whole sequence of events -
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...sues-ve-r8-clubsport-ls3.275803/#post-3017410

In your case with the petrol has evaporated, you have nothing to lose to put some 91 or 95 in and see how it goes.

seanny01

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE sv6 s1
I had to change mine earlier in the year, had to remove it twice, as the fuel pump I got from Repco wasn't compatible,
so I had to remove it for the second time a week later, and installed a Genuine Fuel Pump, and its been running perfectly since,
It was a mongrel of job the first time, took 8 hours,
But the second time it took 4 hours, as I knew what sequence to remove the hardware.
As per link below what I found that caused the whole sequence of events -
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...sues-ve-r8-clubsport-ls3.275803/#post-3017410

In your case with the petrol has evaporated, you have nothing to lose to put some 91 or 95 in and see how it goes.
Thans ill try fuel as i don't have the tools to do it cheers

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
If yours is a 2009 model it should have the fuel pump access panel under the back seat,i was told the Series 11 models onwards didn't have it but someone on here will know for sure.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Mine didn't have one :mad:, [2012 S2 Sportwagon]
so its was a dismantle all from underneath :eek: as per my thread earlier in the year.
Yes, its a big job for 1 person, but not that hard really, easy the second time around :rolleyes:
Where Safety is a priority when pulling the tank out, making sure the car is secure because you have to remove the tail shaft and disconnect the hand brake cables.
And the rest of the hardware as per my earlier thread.

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the series one sedan up till 08 had an access panel, rhs under seat, its gooped down but you just cut goop and pop round 150mm panel, you will need a tool to remove the pump retainer ring, can do the old fashion 2 screwdriver way but not easy, people have used nibblers to cut a panel as the imprint is still there, mine had an access panel